Sinister: he reminded you of jo(h)nny, before he went electronic

ETypeJoe at xxx.com ETypeJoe at xxx.com
Wed Oct 3 00:51:55 BST 2001

well i've not quite gone electronic, at least not in an analogue *dead media*
type way (putting my twopennorth in - note the clever use of pre-decimal
monetary terminolgy there, whilst referring to prehistoric synth arrangements
- i think its a good lp - not *the fidelity wars* but good all the same) but
thought i would share this ace pc theremin type thing with you that i've
discovered.

actually i exaggerate a wee bit. my sister put me onto it, but in fairness
she did get sent to it by her friend rob, who forms part of shep, who, if you
happen to be from stockport or south manchester, you may know are a mighty
fine band.

anyhow i digress. you can find the link at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/playground/theremin1.shtml

i don't think darren hayman will be heading there as it involves using
computer technology of a size smaller than a small terraced house in burnley
- actually you can prolly buy a small terraced house in burnley more cheaply.

(hastilly checks *dead media* sleeve notes now - hmmm, can't see one...)

obviously its not as versatile as a real theremin (see the bbc site listed
for more information and the history and all that jazz) or as groovy as if
you could have a marvellous mechanical mouse organ (now does anyone know
where i can download one of those?) but its grate all the same.

you would struggle to play *i love my car* (hurrah - tenuous b&s content) on
it, unless someone far more talented and musical than i should wish to
attempt to transcribe something (i wager it can't be done), but it should
provide hours of fun for all the family, nevertheless. i guess you could
always make like it was something off the next looper album...

its worth checking out anyhow - it cheered me up under grey mancunian skys.

ah well,
tara for now

jonny
xxx

ps the call and response thing is ace too!