Sinister: I think you're wonderful and so does everyone else.

Alasdair Cook woolything at xxx.com
Wed Oct 3 02:16:10 BST 2001

I'm sorry, Sinister. I haven't been keeping up. I write this behind the
times. What did happen to that Sinister mail anyway? Well, time got away.
Then I did. Only for a short while, mind.

Like the Beach Boys.

That could be construed as an imperative. That could be how it's intended.
Not all of it, though. Kevan forfend.

It has been said that RJG is the new me. I'm confused. Am I now the old me?
And at such a young age, too. Of course it's all an elaborate hoax. Whoever
heard of a Dutchman who didn't dance?

He knew I was going to say that. Well of COURSE he did.

The other week I saw an exhibition of photography. Some of it was bad, it
has to be said. The captions were wrong, for a start. One stood out,
however.

While Rocheteau and Carlos were falling over each other, Platini casually
strolled by, sidled away, and levelled. I thought of only one thing,
naturally.

Jen said:

smiling fools

And I thought of 1491 things, naturally.

Carsmile Steve reported beautifully and succinctly. He must have heard that
Miller was back.

PETER FALK NEWS

The man is on borrowed time now; he's 4 years overdue.

Archel talked about toast. She should probably go here:
http://www.missprint.org/toast/

PF:

A gal said that she was playing 'Eighties Fan' on
G-D-C only. Let me record not only my approval but
that I have pre-empted this plan by writing Frank
O'Hara's 'In Memory Of My Feelings' with only 50
words.

They say less is more. Which could seem to make no sense. Less could just be
cheating. Play the Bm. But then again. Why?

Richard: It's because 'they can't get the wrappers off'.

Something landed on a pub table I happened to be sitting at last week. It
said exciting things like 'Lloyd Cole', 'The Lucksmiths', 'Camera Obscura',
'Go-Betweens' on it. This was exciting. I thought that this was a moment to
remember. I may even have said so. So I am. Remembering. I hope I don't
forget to go. It has dancing.

Another thing I told myself not to forget were eyes. A blushing groom.
'Don't forget this', I said. The most wonderful thing I've seen in a while.
Extraordinary. Really. I'm going to remember this one.

Buying too much drink; being overcharged; sudden influxes of friends; a
tiara to die for; a speech you wish you could make; Pop quizzes; sausage
suppers. It happens all the time. I hope it keeps happening.

YOU WERE JUST HOPING TO MEET SOMEONE NEW/SOMEONE NEWER THAN YOU

Wow! I just remembered. I heard 'Marx and Engels' on Sunday. It's terrific.
I just thought I'd say.

Gordon offered:

Elliptical breast juggling, Ken: get a grip on that!

Yes, just try it.

Recently I received a tape of Scott Walker, one of the Walker Brothers. Who,
of course, weren't brothers at all. Unlike the Pointer Sisters. They were
SISTERS. Soon I might even get an ENO tape. But what do I have to offer in
return? Only gratitude, perhaps.

Which almost brings us back to F.O'H. Who said:

There's nothing more beautiful
than knowing something is going
to be over

Sometimes it seems like there is nothing more exciting than knowing
something is about to begin.

Lately, buses have been smelling of tomato soup. I'd prefer chicken.

Alasdair xx