Sinister: Got a tiger in my tank

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Wed Oct 3 11:15:01 BST 2001

Gorgeous lovelies,

If Belle & Sebastian were to do one cover, which song would you like them
to tackle?  I volunteer Jeans On by David Dundas.  Jeans On is a grate
song!  Can you imagine Beanz doing the groovy keyboards on that?  Can you
imagine Struan's delicate tones as he sings "you and me, we'll go
motorbike riding" (and Pookie picturing herself swooning on the pillion
with the sun and the wind and the rain in her hair)?  Can you imagine Mick
parping some brassy bits and the girls ch-ch-ing and doo-dooing?  Can you
imagine Stevie ROCKING and Richard pulling his constipated face as he
batters his pots?  And can you imagine the potential for Belfast Bob's
hair?  I CAN!

I've been in Glasgow for Ailsa's wedding.  If you don't know Ailsa, she's
a lovely sinisterine who's been a sinisterine for longer than you.
Probably.  She's been one for longer than me, anyway.  She looked like a
princess in a glittering tiara and Neil, who is now Mr Ailsa, looked like
a bonnie prince in his Pride of Scotland tartan.  And, by gum, there were
kilts everywhere.  Everywhere, I tell you!  And hairy knees framed by
green or white or dodgy red tartan hose.  They didn't play David Dundas at
the reception, but they did do the Gay Gordons.  Twice!  And Carsmile
Steve and I did the Twist and Curled Up Carey and I did the Waltz.  She
was the man.  Calumn chatted up all of Ailsa's aunties and we know this
for a fact because we heard two ladies asking who *was* that nice fellow
in the green jacket?

Don't go to see Mike Bassett, England Manager.  Above all, don't go to see
it in Scotland.  However, if you live in London, DO, DO, DO go to
LondonIndieUSA, a fabulous indie disco benefit night in aid of the
International Red Cross on the evening of 12th October at the Betsey
Trotwood in Farringdon.  Please.

Juicy Lucy

=====