Sinister: You could either be successful or be...

Rachel blind_lisa at xxx.com
Thu Oct 4 00:54:24 BST 2001

HELLOOOOOOO SINISTER!!!
I've been savin' ALL my love for you, writing this post over the last
few days.  I just want to update you quickly, about my birthday this
past weekend.  I went to the movies with my friend on Friday night
and saw Zoolander, which I thought was a hysterical movie. On
Saturday night I went to a club in Hollywood called Bang and, eek! I
went all by myself.  On Sunday, I got presents and then I went to see
Ivy play--by myself again.  But you know what?  I was fine, and I had
fun, and I could do it again.  The sucky thing (besides the vacuum
cleaner I got as a gift!) is that the *boyfriend-smartly-dressed*
NEVER EVEN CALLED, or even e-mailed. And like Elise mentioned, the
boy was apparently throwing up all day on Sunday... Amends will have
to be made, but somehow I find myself not caring at all right now.

Do you know how AWESOME the other Rachels on the list are?!? I just
heard from Rachels Grape-nut, Sunny Side Up, and Cornflake and they
are such intelligent and sweet girls. So is miss Archel Toast. If you
have a chance for some one-on-one, you may want to experience the
magic that IS the Sinister !VIVA RACHELS! movement! Anyone can join!
*sniff* you girls make me proud to be a Rachel!

Spike wrote in regards to a Rachels "Battle of Wills"
> I'm up for it.  How about a pub quiz or something like the Krypton
> Factor?

Sure, the pub quiz sounds grate, but what's the Krypton Factor?
Maybe we could just have a cross stitching competition!!  If we all
lived near each other we could double up and have a square dancing
competition... but that wouldn't really work, would it?!  What would
Ken Chu do?

Danny Farrell wrote:
<<I had a massive argument with my friend-girl because i wear my
emotions on my sleeve and i tried to explain to her that i didn't
know how to live differently and i didn't want to but she couldn't
accept that someone would want to be totally honest in showing their
emotions. Allegedly living according to your heart rather than your
head makes you weak and she believes that everyone should just hide
all their feelings,i can't understand that at all.>>

I have the same problem, Danny, as you all know from reading the
feelings right off my sleeve and onto this list.  I find it
therapuetic to express the way I feel.  If you can express your
feelings in words then you are lucky, at least, I feel lucky.  A lot
of people don't even know how to think about how they feel in terms
of actual words.  I think it threatens people, because they are
afraid you might expect the same forthcoming expression and some
people are just incapbable of expressing their feelings freely.  Just
take care of yourself in doing so, and you'll find that you have a
real gift.

I'd also like to say of the comments made to the list by Pauline
about not sharing our sad feelings on the list because it doesn't
make you lot like us more... well I believe VERY strongly in karmic
law, so although you my dear Pauline are caught up in the high times
of your whirlwind romance, wait and see who has a deaf ear when
you're feeling the pang of yang to your yin.  I do agree with Elise
on that one.

Hannah Brown wrote:
<<Of late i have been pondering on the word "sinister", it's a a
rather
ambiguous word, don't you think?>>
To me, feeling sinister is definitely when I have evil thoughts, or
even just far out thoughts, about things I would like to do, but
won't because it would be bad, or because it's impossible... But
instead I'll just write to you lot!  Welcome back Hannah!

Ken Chu wrote:
<<I took revenge tho at the lucky bar stewards who saw the gig, cos,
the downstairs of Rock City there is the "Classic rock" room, I went
in
there, and asked the DJ to play Bon Jovi living on a prayer, and then
legged it back upstairs.  HA HA HA HA Revenge is sweet.>>
I'm sorry about you missing Terrorvision!  But not as sorry as the
bar stewards must have been!  That's just another story to add to my
list of why I adore you so, Ken!  Even if you don't sound like Mojo
Jojo!

David from Australia wrote:
<<Some considerable mention was made on Mandee’s show about
Halloween.
Unfortunately, we don’t really have Halloween here, being the third
world and all.>>
Uh, YAH!!!! (said in the most obnoxious valley girl voice!)  Any
country that doesn't make a big deal out of Hallowwen is by no means
a "modern" society!  Halloween here in Los Angeles is INSANE!  So
much fun.. so much, in fact, that I have decorated my kitchen in a
Halloween theme year-round, based around Tim Burton's The Nightmare
Before Christmas.  Just keepin the magic alive, folks! And David,
you're so clever with your "Absinth makes the heart grow fonder" and
your stories of Halloween and what you would do if you woke up to
geese in your backyard... *sigh* I feel a crush coming on!

And the fair William Dell Wisner gave me the skinny on Belle &
Sebastian performing "Billie Jean" at the 2nd San Francisco show.
He said "Oh, yes - partway through the song Isobel sauntered out
onstage wearing fake pregnancy padding under her dress."
WHAT!?  How could I NOT have been at this show!  This is exactly the
kind of over-the-top dorky humor that I live for, especially when
it's *delivered* ha! by my favorite band!!!! I am fortune's fool!!!

The ol' Asm wrote about Belfast Bob:
<<I've come to the conclusion that he is therefore God, for the
following reason: if he never had a birthday, he was never born;
therefore he has always existed, and so he must be God. Oh yeah, and
he has long hair too. Maybe he does have a birthday, but he's just
being mysterious, trying to fit in the with the classic B&S mould,
before they sold out to the Man, man.>>

I have thought that Belfast Bob was god ever since I beheld his glory
at the B&S show I attended...  I swear he had the halo and
everything! What a sweet looking cherub! Do you think that adding
such a rock star to the B&S lineup was just part of the requirement
of this "sell out" mentioned above?!

Lyns wrote of LLPJ:
<<This image has made me giggle every time I hear monica queen
hitting the higher notes, thinking about that green sequinned dress
and probably some american tan tights to boot.>>
I sort of had the same vision the first time I heard LLPJ, and I'm
American, so that's to be expected, but I had no idea you had people
like *this* over there!! Eeek!  Run!

And Kate, you had better watch out that you don't have any more
mishaps carving out wood, or you're gonna have a knuckle sandwich for
lunch!! I worry about you hurting yourself!!!!!

You Chicago picnic crowd should consider changing the weekend of your
picnic, maybe... because a little bird told me that Colin will be off
in a monkey suit in another state that weekend, and although I'm sure
he'll have a cooler full of booze, it won't be at your picnic! I'd
hate to see you all deprived of the presence of the Colin Boy... But
then, Elise wants to bring Sean from the east side and can only do so
on Saturday, so... I guess it's a trade off.  If Sean has a fake ID
or a booze fairy, maybe he can be the understudy to Colin... but I
don't think anyone can take Colin's place, really... so you'll all
just have to bring a picture of him to the picnic site. Hello to Sean
and Colin!  And as you know, this fruitloop over here in Cali will be
there in spirit!

Elise rocks my world.  This girl has it all:  Beauty, compassion,
good taste, intelligence.  that must be why Sean likes her!  I think
their *sinister* romance is so cute!!!

There is a new Sinisterine in the nursery named Ryan, and he is super
keen, so I'd like to give a shout out to him!  Hi Ryan!  I'd also
like to say to Kirsten K. that you are truly brilliant and to Mandee
that I'd love to chat with you again soon if you've got the time!
Also, hello to the lovely miss Astrid!

I have made a mix tape for myself of "agonizing over unrequited love"
songs and it is really making me feel amazingly better lately.  I
recommend it to any of you experiencing a similar frustrating romance
(or lack thereof!)  What songs would you put on your mix?

Will Salt is so alluring these days, isn't he?! Can I have a
margarita to go with that?

Lots of love to you all,
Rachel Fruitloop