Sinister: Sooner or later we will melt together

JAMES GILMER patchworkz7 at xxx.com
Thu Oct 4 05:10:08 BST 2001

Hullo Sinister Kids,

A fresh-baked cookie to the first one who knows what the subject line is
from.

Anyways, I figured I'd take a brief moment away from doing grad school
applications, putting together tracks for my "Love Songs for Heathens" mix
tape, and struggling to get used to playing bar cords to drop a wee mail to
the list.

I really hate bar chords.

I won't say too much on the subject, but I really enjoyed seeing staralful's
post, dead on that.

Elise wrote a post entitled Ultraviolet, Ultra love and I thought she was
going to proclaim her love for Ultraviolet, one of the best Brit TV shows
I've seen in a dog's age. I wish they had made a second series of that,
because it was brilliant. At least now it's availible in the states on DVD
and video.

You can't imagine my suprise that someone on the Sinister list would
reference Ministry, especially "Psalm 69", I may have to include that on my
love songs for heathens tape. Jarkko you evil person, you're sending me
flying back to my box of tapes from high school and causing me to have that
song stuck in my head all day. I'd forgotten how much "Psalm 69" made me
laugh, they just don't make music like that anymore :)

stine wrote about running into an utterly evil person in the bookstore. I
always have to check the calender when I here stories like that, just to
make sure we're really in the 21st century. Sometimes peole are just scum,
and while i'll make allowences for the beliefs (no matter how ridiculous) of
others, being stupid and rude to another person is beyond the pale,
especially over something like sexual orientation.

I wish Colin could make the picnic...

Okay, I wish Colin's booze could make the picnic, but he's welcome as well.
Seriously though, Colin's a great guy and is in large part responsible for
making the Great Lakes Picnic a success.

Obviously, we'll have to start having picnics more often, though I pass the
reigns for the next one onto someone else.

The weather's finally starting to turn here in Michigan, and the bright days
of summer are giving way to the grey and windy days of Autumn. Which, what
with the weather getting gloomy and current events, it's no wonder that some
peeps are feeling a bit down (a firm pat on the back of Miss Spry for
sticking up for the sad people).

Saying things like "cheer up, or "look on the bright side" are always
hidieously cliche and, to be blunt, don't really do a damn thing if
someone's feeling down, but things do get better, and the season always
turns and spring comes again. There, that was a metaphor, because I am a
smart English major and know about these writing things.

So to all those sad people out there, just remember that we all go through
it, not a one of us, not matter how much we'd like to pretend otherwise, are
free from the blues and feeling down.

October's a weird month, and this time of the year even a poor grinning
idiot like me can start to feel down, but on the flip side some of my
happiest memories are of the autumn and winter, anytime and anyplace can be
heaven if you're happy.

Here's a happy memory for you all:

A few years ago I was out just a few days before Halloween, riding in the
backseat of a car with a girl who I quite fancied, and who fancied me. I was
utterly in love, and we're riding around and it's chilly, the kind of first
autumn, end-of-October chill where it feels far colder than it is because
you're not used to it yet.

My two best friends, Bryan and Jeff, are driving around aimlessly, just
having fun and driving around back roads and laughing. This utterly gorgeous
(to me) girl and I are in the back seat passing a gallon of apple cider back
and forth, there's a Beatles tape in the player and we're passing the cider
back and forth and drinking and singing along to the Beatles and huddling
against each other for warmth and laughing our hearts out.

It was one of the best moments of my life.

I had my two best friends and a girl I was quickly coming to love and her
me, and I had the Beatles and cider and I felt completely free.

Eventually, things ended badly between me and the girl, and I won't say much
about that. We were both at fault, and she had some problems that she
couldn't handle and things fell apart and she went away. No hard feelings
though,, if we had both met at better times, maybe things would have worked
out differently.

So, because things ended badly, I should be sad, but I can't forget that
night, or others like it.

If you're feeling a bit down, just try to remember a night like that you've
had, and remind yourself you'll have them again, I know I have.

Take care of yourselves;

Be Sinister Children...

Jim

"I'm singing for the lonely, yeah.
Keep them in your minds, oh yeah.
I'm singing for the words we've left behind,
lost in space and time" - Drugstore