Sinister: Glasgow is where it's at

toescantalk at xxx.com toescantalk at xxx.com
Thu Oct 4 17:17:38 BST 2001

Hello,

I bring news to the people of Glasgow that can not help but excite you. And no I'm not talking about the new Freeman Hardy Willis shoe megastore on Argyll Street. Though it is very impressive isn't it? It has a overwhelmingly comprehensive collection of plastic slip on shoes with more types of tassle than I'm had hot dinners. And I like my food like my women. On a tray while I'm watching Eastenders with a nice cup of tea. Sorry, I meant HOT.

Talking of HOT. There's some gigs on too on this Saturday in the land where beer can be bought remarkably cheap in Wetherspoon's pubs, where the grass is always greener, largely due to the amount of rain.. There's two wonderful Irish bands The Dudley Corporation and Joan of Arse playing not once but TWICE. Wow! Can you imagine your good fortune? Their playing the 13th Note at 3pm in the afternoon and at the happening Glasgow University PostGrad Club in the evening. I'd recommend them highly as I like gigs like my women. Packed and sweaty. Umm... Them simple Irish folk sure can play some lovely and beautiful tunes.

See www.thedudleycorporation.com or www.joanofarse.net if you need any coherent info. It really is that simple.

So don't fret if you went mad and bought some new shoes from Freeman Hardy Willis, there by a musical force in town to shake your tassles too and make your white socks sweaty. I hope you didn't forget your odour eaters. That's a thing with a bad appetite.

Anyone in London alternatively might fance seeing the Lucksmiths and Essex Green playing at the Spitz near Liverpool Street this Saturday evening instead. That might be fun too.

Umm... while I'm plugging things I have got a new book out. It's called "The History of Coopery 1445-1956". It really is a barrel of laughs. Largely because I stopped the book before the black days of the novelty furniture.

Te ra,

Martin