Sinister: property of no one

eric the half a bee cheesebunhead at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 5 16:14:36 BST 2001

hello,

I haven't posted properly in almost two months. I've
had this growing suspicion that I may be turning into
a lurker, but I don't want that, obviously. lurkers
don't get any... or is that the other way around?
well, I'm not getting any regardless, so I suppose it
doesn't matter much.

I'm applying to grad schools for next year, and I was
planning on going to school in britain, and now with
this whole terrorism war stuff I want to get out of
the states more than ever. not only do we have an
idiot for a president, but  now stuff is getting blown
up too. my roommate wants to move to new zealand and
raise sheep, and really, I can't blame him. more than
ever, I just want to get my masters, find a job at
some small university town, and cloister myself away
with students and books. the real world used to scare
me, but now it terrifies me. even my desire to stay in
new york in waning. I don't know where I'll be in a
year's time, and that fact is oddly comforting. maybe
I'll go to canada.

I meant this to be a light-hearted post. I failed at
that... sorry. I'll leave on a happier note: I want a
basset hound... I wish my school would let us have
pets. puppies are so cute! tweeness abounds.

oh, um. I heard "marx and engels" for the first time
this week. it's quite good, although I can't make out
the words.

cheers,
eric

ps note to ken chu: if I end up in nottingham, we'll
have to meet for a drink and discuss our lack of
pulling skills.