Sinister: offtopic: stay away from audiogalaxy.....k?

Chris Ball murmurer at xxx.com
Fri Oct 5 16:33:06 BST 2001

Hi, I'm a professional lurker on this list....but....I figured I could help
Kin Woo and the rest with their AudioGalaxy problems.....

The AudioGalaxy software comes bundled with a 3rd party application called
"web-hancer"....it is an EVIL piece of spy-ware that collects information
about you and sends it off to marketing firms.....now....what makes it a
REAL bastard is that if you attempt to un-install AudioGalaxy (and therefore
Webhancer) WebHancer reconfigures your "Winsock" thus making it impossible
to re-connect to the internet.....now....that may not be Mr. Woo's
issue......but.....it is something to watch out for (at least in the older
version of AudioGalaxy that I had)......the only solution I could find was
to re-install WebHancer and make sure it doesn't load when your computer
starts up...

I'm sorry if this is all WWAAAYYY too techie....I'm no computer master by
any means....just thought I could help....

I really enjoy reading all of your posts and such......

take care kids....

oh... and if you need more info......look at this site:

http://www.securiteam.com/securitynews/5OP022K40E.html

There is also alot of info about this issue on the web....

Hope I could help.......take care....

(cb)