Sinister: But thinne it lay, by colpons, oon by oon

Genevieve Wesley jiffy_popper at xxx.com
Fri Oct 5 17:33:33 BST 2001

Someone wrote awhile back that Sinister has been a source of comfort for
many during the fear of the terrorist attacks, and a former listees
website:http://www.arigoldfilms.com/WTC.html
has been one of the better things I've read in contrast to all the numbing
and terrifying sensory overload in the papers and on the t.v.

Not meaning to return to that tired old argument, but when I was returning
my Strokes cd, the record store boy thought I was being foolish because
apparently, they are pulling that album due to a New York City song on it
and it's becoming rare? I don't know anything about record value or the
exchanges on ebay, I just like to live vicariously through my older
brother's tales. ("..and then I sold all off your dad's Beatles albums on
the apple label")When I first bought the record it was out of a big fate
pile (no endangered species) but that's what record boy said, so thought it
might be of interest to some of you.

It's seems like it's been a while since I bought a record that I liked
almost all the way through and not just two songs. Thank goodness my special
edition Lloyd Cole's Greatest Hits arrived on my desk the other day. My
Associates cd also came in. I've seen their name on Sinister before, but I
think it always just registered as The Association with my brain, and I
didn't pay much attention (not that I don't like Never My Love) but I think
I'm scaring my mother by playing Club Country too much and singing in that
banshee voice "refrigeration keeps you young I'm told". It's such a fun song
but the lyrics are quite creepy. I love his breathy voice at that one bit,
but "every breath you breathe belongs to someone else" eep.

Now don't be too hard on Pauline L. Shivers, we need all voices on this
list, the gentle and the international jetsetter alike. She makes me giggle
and giggles are good.

I suppose I should put my necessary 'I love autumn' comment in too. :) We're
going to the farm for Canadian Thanksgiving and it will be lovely. I'm going
to make Real Tiramisu. You just don't notice the changing leaves in the city
like in the gatineau hills. But Arctic Woman has warned me not to go too
deeply into the forest - the drought has brought out the bears. But Mama!
Struan is trapped in the secret cave with evil Barnacle Bear, what on earth
shall we do? I need to ride behind him on the motorbike (hands wrapped
tightly around leather-jacket body, face huddled from the wind) since Lucy
stirred such a lovely image.

I've got to read the 'Mabinogi' now, even if I can't pronounce it!

Kisses,
Genevieve

p.s.
Sorry these pictures aren't of a pique-nique, so they'll probably only
interest a few of you, but here are some London/Scotland pictures:
http://photos.yahoo.com/pookiebooca