Sinister: if you don't cry, you just don't feel it deep enough...

nafees saeed nafees at xxx.com
Fri Oct 5 19:14:39 BST 2001

so today, after college... i got invited to this place called 'bucks'.
bucks is a dive.  the sign outside is really bad.  it's all crumbly and the
windows are all boarded up.  i don't know anyone properly at college so i
said i'd only be drinking cokes... but they baught me silly alchopops.  so i
drank alchopops.  lots of them.  they're so crap.  so after my umm...seventh
i'm drunk.  i started talking to everyone and apparently i bumped into some
bloke and told him to fuck off.  so as i leave he comes after me and punches
the wall and threatens to 'do me in'.  me being very scared apologised
profusely and he jumps on me.  luckily he didn't actually do any damage.
all his friends pull him off me and apologise to me.  i didn't know what to
do.  so i asked him if his hand is ok, after all he punched a wall and his
friend told me to go before he 'did me in'.  so to conclude, me being
completely silly apparently managed to annoy a lot of people who apparently
were going to 'do me in'.  ack well.  i only wanted a coke.  i feel bad now.
on the bus home, one of the people i went with told me it was actually him
who told the guy to fuck off, not me.  i got angry and got off one stop
before my normal stop and walked home.  in the rain.  college is rubbish.

well, i've finished with that episode of my life.  last night i went to go
and see new order.  at the manchester apollo.  it was such a good gig, lots
of people in a small venue dancing and generally being nice.  one thing i
found strange was my movement.  well, i started off standing pretty much
near the front, and i'm sure i didn't move but about twenty minutes before
the end i noticed that i moved at least 5 meteres back without intently
moving backwards.  has anyone else noticed that at gigs, you tend to move
without meaning to?

---

after reading jenowl's post about listening to dead media on the bus, i
decided to listen to it on the bus.  i actually quite like it now.  'alan
bean' reminds me of the bus shelter that always gets smashed up in shaw and
'home' reminds me of the crappy 'modern' new bus station in oldham.  it's
always full of students who have nothing better to do than do crappy
graffiti and listen to crappy music.

i was going to go out tonight, but i feel really bad.  i keep vowing to
never drink again but i always do.  i really hate it.  ahh well.

the white stripes have apparently announced a uk tour, i might go.

take care,

nafees.