Sinister: Re: sinister at missprint.org

toadie291 at xxx.com toadie291 at xxx.com
Fri Oct 5 21:17:41 BST 2001

on 10/5/01 9:07 AM, Brian Scanlan at singer at redbrick.dcu.ie wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 11:02:04AM -0700, toadie291 at home.com wrote:
>> actually brian i am aware of that.  however i was merely trying to
>> illustrate that seeking refuge from terrorism isn't really going to be
>> effective...
>
> You could go to Scandinavia. Not too much up there.
>
>> .least of all in england where there is history of terrorist
>> attacks in very recent history.  on top of which there have been more than
>> one incident in which the ira went against the agreements of their cease
>> fire.
>
> The IRA have carried out the odd punishment shooting in Northern Ireland
> (which hasn't breached the terms of their ceasefire - the British NI minister
> has the final call on who's broken their ceasefire - It's a wierd situation,
> but, well, it works) but have certainly not carried out activities in mainland
> UK since the start of their ceasefire.

brian, i think you are reading way too much into what i said.  my point was
basically that people who are determined to kill masses of innocent people
are going to do it anywhere...not just in the us.  things like the wtc
attack happen all over the world.  again, not to the same dramatic degree,
but that doesnt make it any less horrible.
as for scandanavia.  you could go there, but why on earth would you?  :o)
no offense to our scandanavian sinisters :o)