Sinister: Don't leave for Hong Kong baby

Ken Chu kenchu at xxx.com
Fri Oct 5 22:58:15 BST 2001

Hello,

On Wednesday I went to the post office, and posted my mum away by first
class mail.

Only joking :-)  It was economy class mail... the post offices in London are
huuge!  It was so big they split it into 4 different counters, they call
them "Terminals", which sounds very scary.

Farewell was short but sweet, a bit like me really.  I waited I think 21
years for this, I turned the table around on my mum and asked her if she has
got everything, did you bring your passport?  Did you bring tissues in case
you sneeze?  Did you bring my phone number so you can call if you forget
something?  And for God's sake give me a call when you arrive!

Wow, no one told me that being a fussy mum is so much fun!  If I knew that
before I'd do that more often.

So, as soon as my mother was gone I am already on a hot date, met up with
Stacey who was visiting London from Greece that day, had food and drinks,
mostly drinks, on her part.   Talked about loads of things including how my
brain was warped by aliens with a laser beam to the back of my neck.  Hehe,
then, once again had fussy mother fun before we parted on the tube.

Then went home, which is now totally empty.  Too tired to feel anything,
just went straight to bed.. needed sleep bad so maybe it was good that the
house was deadly silent.

Work next day was basically dossing, cos I was too tired to work properly
after having only 5 hours of sleep.  Reflecting on an eventful week, which
saw me being in 5 cities, 1 airport and a heck of a lot of people's company,
then thinking about what living alone will be like from now on.

The first night alone was fun, without any kind of supervision I was singing
along to music real loud, and the place looked considerably less tidy than
before... cooked my first dinner in 2 years and it tasted pretty good.

Tonight marks the first weekend on my lonesome, I was still enjoying my own
company but whilst I was washing up the thought suddenly hit me that I'm on
my own now, it wasn't really a sad or happy thought, it was just a new thing
that happened really.  Oh yeah, and my dinner from last night has gone off..
hehe first time for everything.

Mum called back saying she's arrived, and nagged about things, but the
nagging sounds a lot more exotic now it comes all the way from Hong Kong.
Might do some recording tomorrow now that I can sing without being
embarrassed...

Oh by the way, girls, now that I'm living on my own I'm ready for you to
come round for a cup of Red Bull. ;-)

Loud echoes and Red Bulls
Ken