Sinister: "he kept withdrawing and withdrawing and withdrawing until he just disappeared"

chris_t_opher chris_t_opher at xxx.com
Sun Oct 7 16:29:16 BST 2001

heylo

i seem to have become a lurker. i didnt use to be but its just less pressure
this way. but, to keep up my twice-yearly pattern, here i am again.

tv in the uk is great this weekend. Blade and (the funny bits of) Austin
Powers last night, the Thomas Crown Affair right now, the Usual Suspects
tonight. its meant that i havent really left the house. so, thankyou
tv-networks for saving me money in the long-run.

the soundtrack for the thomas crown affair is very belle and sebby actually.
i could easily imagine them covering a couple of the songs ive heard so far.
just like the Graduate. which makes me think..... if b+s were around 35
years ago, would they have been chart-toppers? theyd definitely be
mainstream, wouldnt they?

much-delayed reference but im sorry i didnt make it to the manchester
picnic. my house is probably closer than anyone else's (especially ken's) to
the picnicking place but i didnt hear about it until it was finishing :o( i
promise if someone organises another, i shall attend (*hinthint*)

a couple of music-related things.... the hefner album is good. maybe cheesy,
but good. i mean, its not exactly baxendale, is it? :o) the sodastream album
is grate! cant wait for their european tour. someone else (stankin, i think)
said it but if they are playing even *remotely* near you, make the effort.
and finally, ive borrowed the strokes album (finally) and i agree that some
of their stuff is grate. but they could have compacted it all into an EP,
couldnt they? or would that have just led to *even more* hype in the end?

all hype, no brains...
chris

ps. im watching two squirrels fighting over territory. fun!