Sinister: sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Mon Oct 8 05:41:51 BST 2001

  if you've never sat down for an after-shift cocktail and listened
to a jolly stoner interpret greek mythology into layman's terms,
well, then you're not me.
  for some reason, i thought about hieronymus bosch today.  i
remember giggling at my little parochial high school and thinking
that if we had to buy brand-new bibles for our biblical archaeology
class, they should at least have come with some nice bosch-ian
illustrations.  maybe i'll publish my own bible someday, complete
with bosch paintings and little knock-knock jokes in the footnotes,
and a handy ring-bound day planner with photo sleeves sandwiched
between malachi and matthew.
   i'm watching the "cheers" marathon instead of the news, and gosh,
do i loathe kirstie alley.  but i like nearly everyone else on the
show, and the theme song is just SO GOOD.
   i live on a place called "regal park."  it has some swings, and a
few slides and monkey bars and there's a path that crosses the road
and leads down to a nice little pond full of cute slimy frogs and
happy snapping turtles, the occasional fox or heron and, of course,
hissing geese.  the past few days, driving past regal park...it's
just looked really nice, for some reason.  maybe i'm just imagining
it...but it's...well.  it wouldn't be a bad place to live.  i
promise.
   i wrote a story about love and puppies.  except i didn't make it
up.  it's the simple story of a pretty brunette and a shaggy-haired
boy in a rock band and a beagle named "sexy."  and the girl and boy
fell in love and went out to restaurants with red curtains and
candles on the tables and got married, and the beagle had her name
changed to "molly" and the boy and girl had three children and moved
to the suburbs...it's a silly story...i always find that the true
stories are the silliest ones.  don't you?
   chicago....sounds like a good time.  i will do my very best to
make it there.  to buckingham fountain, right?  or navy pier?  i'm a
bit confused but that's not out of the ordinary.  and i'll figure it
out.  tomorrow's a day off and i have applications to fill and
letters to write and drink to...drink.  goodnight
  xoxo
kirsten

Care2 make the world greener!