Sinister: Call it whatever you like. . .

Intellectualvoid at xxx.com Intellectualvoid at xxx.com
Mon Oct 8 08:17:44 BST 2001

Good evening, dears!  Or morning/afternoon, as it were.  You're everywhere,
scattered strategically round the world!

I've been made famous!  By the illustrious Rachel Fruitloop!  Well, okay.
Maybe not.  Certainly, not everyone can reach the Ken Chu levels of notoriety
in life; I don't know that I dare aspire to it, even.  But, thanks Rachel
Fruitloop!  I am basking in your warm glow!  Really. Big long-distance
smooches.

It's been a . . .  weekend, and since you asked so kindly, yes, I will tell
you all about it.  I receieved a stunning package in the mail on Saturday*.
It contained FOUR tapes, yes, count them.  And more.  And I must say, it was
brilliantly done, as was all the accompanying writing.  Mmmmm.  I'm still
pouring over them, avidly.  You know how it is.  I'll be doing that for
months.  I have a perma-grin.  My face actually hurts.  Well.  Moving along.

It rained!  Sadly, this is probably the second most interesting thing that
happened over the past couple of days, the long-awaited arrival of
aforementioned package ranking first, of course.  So, maybe it wasn't that
interesting of a weekend.  Hush.  Not only has summer slid quietly into
autumn, leaving the nights and mornings cool and lush, but clouds are still
hanging low in the sky, the moon just a faint outline behind them.  While
it's not raining now, the air is thick and heavy, and surely it will during
the night.  I hope I wake to thunder, and raindrops pattering on the window.
That would be perfect.  Even more perfect than right now, that is.

So what else?  Well, I've tossed together a mixed tape for a friend of mine
tonight.  It lacks all pretense of artistry; I just went for the sampler
concept.  Apparantly, she is too busy making music to listen to it, which is
fine, and where I come in.  See, anyone within a 50 mile vicinity who has not
heard of B&S, Nick Drake, The Clientele, etc etc, well, they're fair game
once they fall into my clutches.  She will be educated.  Indeed.  You may
sleep easy.  I certainly will.  Sigh.

Speaking of which, I suppose that's what I'm going to do now.  After my
rendevous with a smooth Turkish blend called Camel Light.  Right.  I'm off.

Much, much love and sweet dreams,
Shannon.

* I'm writing a full report now, Sam, but it's going to be LONG.  Hold tight
;-)