Sinister: nonomorecauseyeah

Richard Gillanders r_gillanders at xxx.com
Mon Oct 8 15:24:34 BST 2001

that's what it sounds like.  sounds good.

I wish I hadn't left my cassette in my parents' car.

I'm well known for getting dire straits lyrics wrong.
and paul simon's too.  occasionally.  I was going to
say something about status quo.  but I can't be
bothered.

same again:  [I want to say 'you know the routine'.].
_______________________________
I got to a new place on friday.  with a lot of my old
stuff.  and, with some help, I dumped it and went to
the underground station nearby.  the first part
required more help.  and to a pub.  and to a party.
thing.  it was fun.  although I noticed the fridge
door had problems being opened [and commented on it in
an ugly manner] I didn't see any magnets on the door.
it seems I missed out.  I left early.  I think I
realised how much everything I said meant nothing.  or
how much I wanted it to.

after four months of not doing anything.  having to do
something.  is.  well.  I don't want it.

[[bish bash] bosch-]ian.  he congratulated me for not
doing anything for four months.  where am I now?
where are you?  ouch.

cafe.  squeezed into benches.  whipped.  people saying
things about you that you can't hear.  thank God I
know they weren't bad things.  yes?  and I mention the
marx brothers too frequently too.

a wee while ago wee ally said 'They say less is
more.'.  and he's right.  they do.  but don't they
also say less is a bore?  and more recently too.

choose.

remember, if it's on offer: take the dangerfields.
[more like this please].

this has been a weekend of acquirement.  maybe.  got a
new place.  got new people who I already knew.  of.
got new surfaces [no tectonics yet.  that's tomorrow.
he's like lloyd, we think, but not like the like-lloyd
that lilly looked at and who knew that lilly was
looking.] [my, my.] and new utensils.  oh.  new: a
phone here.  an umbrella there.  well.  the umbrella
is here too.  I know which I prefer.  and probably new
experiences too.  of situations.  that can't be
helped.  no matter how much you wish they could.  I
wish they could.  have.  or be.

I need to get some new jokes.

I sat in a stairwell and looked famous.  with a famous
looking girl.  it wasn't really a stairwell.  it was
just a stair.  well.

see?

well: I made something think I was smart because I
knew arthur miller had written something about trials
of witches.  he wrote other things too; I'm not that
smart.

the dudley corporation were really very, very good.  I
won't compare them to the strokes.  although I saw a
momentary similarity.  in the silence.
joan of arse too.  I kinda really enjoyed it.  I doubt
anyone noticed.

someone said that I get violent when I'm drunk.  and
then they realised how wrong they were.  wrong.  so
they said that I pretend to get violent when I'm
drunk.  what a claim!  I don't like pretenders.  and I
should have added something to that effect in my
recent sir francis drake conversation.  surely.
the one that could be construed as the most violent
would be a brief demonstration of trouser mechanisms.
and I CAN BE ANNOYING.

afters months of promises [I've said something about
promises before.] [I promise.].  there was a match.
is it a match?  it wasn't perfect; my parents didn't
deliver my rug on sunday.  but: yes.  a game.  and a
victor.  no not him.  me.  of course.

I never thought I'd get jowls.  but I did.  the other
night.  as a result of lager.  even though we bought
wine.  I don't have jowls now.  or anything else.
someone had crabs.  I'd rather have jowls than crabs.
there's more point.  well.  more points.  someone else
took four Es.  then used two of them.  in a remote
manner.  and complained.  a lot.  I hope I never get
jowls again.  not for a while anyway.  high-scoring:
it's lonely at the top.

I always liked the fact that K is five.  because it's
less than it should be.

what a bore.

adding 'pal' to the end of a sentence can make it seem
threatening.  or just rude.  unless you can do it in a
post-ironic way.  try it yourself.

an english boy I once met wanted to pronounce
'buchanan' as 'buck-a-nan'.  but I wouldn't let him.

thanks to those who made the past few days more
enjoyable than most usual days.  and to everyone else:
thanks.

I must, now, photograph concrete and make like I
understand flows.  and space.  I can attempt it.

and some sort of model.  I may yet learn to appreciate
contours.  if only I didn't have to.

showing someone else how to use a computer program you
wish you knew how to use yourself but don't know how
to use and succeeding feels strange.  but it isn't
really so strange.  is it?

nope,
richard.