Sinister: don't leave the light on baby

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Tue Oct 9 04:03:23 BST 2001

i've just about recovered from being naked now.  it was almost back to the
good old days of archel smut there, wasn't it?

gordon's last post made me think of an old friend who used to send me long
stream of consciousness emails from the cavernous computer room at kings
college in cambridge.  he was hating his course and existing on caffeine, so
the emails were random in the extreme.  but amazing.

desmond was writing about having to turn the lights on at 3pm, but i must
say that i get a little thrill from that, at first.  today i was on a bus
home feeling deliciously sinister (and protected from the rain), and the
lights were twinkling on london road and blow me if it didn't feel like
christmas already.  and i decided that maybe there is still some hope left
in the world, although lots of terrible things seem to be happening really
quickly and i can't seem to see very far into the future.

a few months ago, matt wrote on the page for october 8 in his diary this
reminder: 'die horribly'.  i know he was only bored or something, but i've
still been a bit nervy today and won't be quite relaxed until after
midnight.  there are such things as self-fulfilling prophecies after all...

this all has nothing to do with b&s, but whatever crap is whirling round my
head, i still return to them (even though it's against my principles to
obsess over one thing, lest you lose it.)

i hope you're all warm and safe tonight.

luv archel
archel at iname.com

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com