Sinister: so much on me

juju cat stringbeanjean2 at xxx.com
Mon Oct 8 23:58:16 BST 2001

halo

i am juju...
this is my first post ::

i read his words this morning, and the air became heavier. it is thick and
suffocating. who would think that air could suffocate you.. just one day,
and all our lives were altered. that was when the heaviness really began.
and it has lasted this long. a broken heart takes time to heal, but the time
that keeps passing me by is fleeting, not healing. it is taking, not giving.
it is flirting, but never willing to stick around. i want to embrace it.

we saw b&s together one loverly night last month. i took him backstage, and
we were too shy to meet the band. i was giddy just to be with him. our
mutual heroes seemed to fade in the distance whilst we had each other to
gaze upon... he wanted to *talk*.. so we stayed up till 4am. then we found a
hotel and slept for a few hours. he clammed up- kept in his shell with his
secret-- till morning. then he said he was in love with me.. he said he
drove from new york to californ-i-ay listening to one of my songs and
realized it.. and you'd think that's when everything would get better... but
i only remember crying the rest of the day. because he doesn't want it. he
wants to follow his bliss and fly and sail and run run run, 'anywhere but
here' he says.. anwhere.. and i can't get it out of my mind that it would be
nicest to have somebody to come home to and share that bliss with-- you
know, at the end of the day, once you've had enough of the dream chasing..
but this one, he is strange.

so we laid on the grass by the exploratorium, took pictures of swans,
watched the sun set, caught another b&s show.. i cried and kissed his cheek
good-bye.. all the time, i wasn't understanding how or why.. or what came
next.. what do i do now? we've come so close, and yet he is still turning
away. ?

....he calls me an angel. he swoons to music i write (he is my muse..). he
takes my breath away whenever i see him.. which
is not often, for he lives a few hours away.. we meet at shows in the city.
we dance like geeks in the crowd together. then we part, only to rejoin
later in cyberspace (he's here now)... he is everything to me. it looks like
the perfect situation, but it is so far out of reach... and this week he may
lose his job, and i may never see him again, for he will do drastic things
like sell his scooters and fly away-- and i will be left here :: just juju.

at sigur ros, my little friend fainted. he carried her. got her food and
water, and she kept warm in his coat. i felt his gaze on me the entire show.
he told me later that i was glowing. are these not things that would make us
closer? but we are still as far apart as ever.. i wonder why we met then? i
wonder why one day i rode behind him on his scooter, while the sunlight
washed over my smiling countenance and i felt happiness for the first time
in ages.. i saw things clearly.. my life changed... i wonder why it had to
be him that made that happen.. i wonder why he would come into me like a
bolt, and then just disapear without a sound. i wonder why music is as
powerful as it is. that we both sat as silent as statues when stuart sang
/you made me forget my dreams/..

i wonder what will happen to my life once he has gone.. i wonder if i can
ever hear /we rule the school/ again without sobbing. i wonder if we're all
just foxes in the snow, and we're about to disappear...

?

juju and her dream of rockets

ps  no matter what happens, i cna never hear the b&s cds the same way
again.. it was so overwhelmingly gorgeous live, that it is a dull comparison
now.. stu's voice was golden. stevie was a doll. and i will never forget...