Sinister: Osama Bin Laden

Gordon gogron at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 9 00:30:37 BST 2001

He's actually a fairly pretty guy. So's Tony. So's Bush Jr. I don't know
who the president of China is, but I suppose he's a man and a reasonably
pretty one too. Wouldn't it be oh so pretty if they stopped the rhetoric
and tried some 'not bombing' some 'not war' some affront to violence by
laying rest awhile?
I really hoped I'd never have to speak politics again but, the horror
seems to have been compounded by our 'statesmen' and I really have to
state, and quite publicly, my utter disgust. I have been incapacitatated
and speechless for about 8 hours now... I can't work; I can't think; I'm
loosing hope. How can they get away with 'war on terrorism'? What the
hell's that? Some rich madman and we're at war? Can someone important
calm down for a minute and put that dodgy finger well away from war on
us all?
There's a proper way to do this. It's called Justice: it's what the
whole world works for and it has various forms, of which the summary
format allows little opportunity to express the complexities of nations
and cultures and does nothing better than to feed imperial predjudice,
and it must stop. Like, now.
My anger is not one of fear. My anger is not that of a liberal; not yet.
My anger is of seeing a misappropriation: seeing our values trashed by
power-mongering as so many dogs chasing a rabbit, and it's getting well
out of hand. Well out of hand. Swagger is for the bluebeard pirates of
this world and not for our leaders! Children!
Yik!
Gordon

Given time, we can ALL become precious to one another: humanity wasn't
designed to be split.