Sinister: ramblings and odd stuff from a newbie

Liz Dawson eld9 at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 9 02:07:07 BST 2001

Hi sinister people,

I have been a lurker for some time now, and I figured it was time to say
hello to all you lovely people, and to introduce myself. I must say that I
have enjoyed all of your posts over the last few moths, and they have kept
me both entertained, amused and informed, a huge big thank you to you all...
My name is Liz and I am currently attending the lovely university in
Aberystwyth (some of you may of heard of it, if enough have, and live near
or in this wonderful town, maybe we could have a picnic before the weather
turns evil), studying geography of all things, and generally making a
nuisance of myself in the union as a writer of reviews for the student
magazine and a DJ for the student radio station.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the person on this list
who introduced me to the wonderful Australian band, Sodastream, of whom I
own their LP 'enjoy', and am currently waiting for their current album to
become available through Rocketgirl.
I must also hasten to add that I fell in love with Belle & Sebastian through
a friend of mine, and fellow sinisterine, Jonny Howell (hello!), ever since
I was dragged to Scarborough to see them play live, of which I must also
give thanks to Big Stu, who provided the transport, and I must admit I have
liked them ever since.
sinister means, and I can answer that with some confidence. Sinister
actually means 'left-handed', which I believe is a bit unfair, as it is also
associated with evil,wickedness, dark, foreboding and menacing. Not that I
am suggesting for one moment that any of you lovely people are any of the
above of course.
Also I have had the opportunity to listen to the debut offering from the
Strokes, and I must say that I do like it quite a lot, but then I also like
Dinosaur Jr, REM and Skunk Anansie, (as well as many others), so you are
free to take my opinion with a very large and crusty lump of salt!

Well that's enough ramblings from a first timer,
I'm sure you'll here from me again,
The ever lovely, though somewhat strange,
Liz xxx