Sinister: Some Things.

Tim Banning fezzywig at xxx.com
Tue Oct 9 07:14:02 BST 2001

Some things:
So I went to the record store last night with the intention to well....maybe
I won't say...okay...well I went to see if they had received the old strokes
album yet, because I have yet to hear them other than than the things I tend
to miss on Morning Becomes Eclectic.  They didn't have it. I did go with the
super objective of getting my mom a gift certificate.  But. I also bought
myself the new Ben Folds record.  In my opinion it is absolutely breath
taking.  There are songs that stop me dead in my tracks as I listen to them,
for example the very last song "The Luckiest".  My god it is beautiful, if I
can even come close to that level of art and beauty in a song in my life
time I would be happy.  The song captures the feeling of love and sharing
yourself with someone like love its self.  Does that make sense?

So, we are bombing people again.  Well, I don't like the taliban and
terrorists I think they are horrible enough to be bombed, so I guess that's
a good  thing.  I just really, really hope we are bombing the things that
should be bombed and not little babies and innocent people.  For some reason
I get bitter and skeptic when we bomb something or someone and also drop
food and supplies on the people we want to help.  I really want to think
that we are doing that to help them out, and not for other reasons that I
might not know about.  I think it's good because in war we need to separate
the people we want to hurt and people we want to help. The Afghani people do
need help but, we should have helped them a long time ago.  I  But as
history goes, we put up the stop sign after the accident. and I haven't
really done anything to help them personally.  I think that a really good
step in the "fight against terror" or whatever you want to call it would be
to educate ourselves.  It was only a month or two before the attacks that I
knew what the Taliban was.  I think it's good to bring awareness of the
central asian/middle eastern culture to the forefront.
Well, I'm rambling and trying to sound clever, and really achieving the
opposite.  and i've spelled lots of things wrong so I'll send it through the
spell check and It'll look like I spelled things right.  But I want you to
know that I havn't.
all of you take care.
Tim

ps.  again if anyone has a recording of the second S.F. warfield show please
let me know, I'd really appreciate it. thanks.