Sinister: Happiness,Hefner and Gigs (plus interview news)

Alan Whyte whytey1982 at xxx.com
Tue Oct 9 10:36:27 BST 2001

I've been saving up my thoughts of the past month for one post (don't worry,
it's not that long).

Hannah Brown said:
>WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

It's good to feel happy. I want to say it too but i'd be kidding myself.

JenOwl said:
>I think you should smile if you're reading this, because when people
> >smile, even if they're unhappy, just for a second the feeling of >smiling
>fools them into being happy. So go on.

I did thanks. And it worked!!!

Danny Farrell said:
>my bestest friend in the whole world is really dejected because he >has
>women trouble and i can't help him because i'm really sad too and >have
>women trouble so i just hand him my big bottle of vodka and then >put on
>Belle and Sebastian or the smiths and that makes it okay for a >little
>while.

Tis true, for tis me.

MY FRIENDS
I am having a hard time right now, and although this is only my second post
i feel close to you all. I am really lazy and can't be bothered working, so
i just go to Danny's (cause he's lazy too) and we drink Kahlua or vodka and
red bull (though with ginger beer and lime is also good) and lot's of
coffee. I've been on sinister chat a few times, it's grate, and i spoke to
my big mate Ken and also the Pickle Prince who informed me that he shares
his second name with fellow sinisterite ryan (mckinnon, if u must know),
cause we were on chatting together.

HEFNER
Bought Dead Media, it is very poor (sorry jenowl and people who like it)
though i like china crisis and peppermint taste. The rest is very
dissapointing synth nonsense to be honest. I still love Hefner though and
i'm going to see them at the Cathouse. If anyone else is going, get in touch
if u want to go drinking before/after it with me, Danny and Ryan,(We are
quite friendly, but a bit shy).

ESSENTIAL READING FOR B&S AND HEFNER FANS
I am interviewing B&S and Hefner soon, i'll post the interviews up on the
web when i've finished them. I'll let you know where and when in my next
post so you can look forward to it (i know i am).

BALLBOY/JOSEPHINE/BARRICHELLO
Went to 13th Note on Sunday (i love that place) with Danny and my bandmate
Graham to see the bands above. It was grate, Ballboy are very good,(the new
proclaimers, but in a good way) but not up to B&S standards (who is?). I met
their keyboard player Katie, she was really sweet and signed my album. Also
met the very enthusiastic Josephine singer (he is a loony) who was also
grate and talked me and Dan into buying their single.

bye,bye kids.
Love Alan oxo

P.S Thanks to Jules for enlightenment of a Douglas Coupland and twee animals
nature, and Will for Sinister news network. Also to Ken, Danny and Ryan for
cheering me up.