Sinister: the hurdy gurdy man

caleb ben moore opaline_moon at xxx.com
Tue Oct 9 15:32:58 BST 2001

hello all you sinister people

i'm at work right now, and i just wanted to tell
you about what happened to me this morning on the
bus, on the way to work.
   i was sitting in my usual spot, face pressed
up against the window to try to soak up any of
the cool morning air that might make it's way in
(it's so unbearably hot on these buses in the
autumn-winter), semi asleep, listening to my
discman playing donovan.  i drift off slightly
from the warmth and the drone and vibration of
the womb-like bus, when suddenly! i open my eyes
at the moment that "the hurdy gurdy man" starts
playing and i behold the sun rising above &
beyond the downtown minneapolis skyline with the
clouds lit up glowing and singing on fire with
all the buildings steaming and, ah! it was so
beautiful.  a perfect moment.  with the perfect
song.
       so i just thought i'd tell everyone bout
it.  you all should go out and listen to donovan,
i bet you'll prolly have a perfect moment also.
  it also helps to drink about a half bottle of
robitussin an hour beforehand also.  :)
   ciao for naio!
               caleb ben moore

=====
And when I'm lying in my bed I think about life
and I think about death
and neither one particularly appeals to me
and if the day came when I felt a natural emotion
I'd get such a shock I'd probably lie
in the middle of the street and die
I'd lie down and die  ------morrissey