Sinister: did you think you could fly?

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Wed Oct 10 08:06:05 BST 2001

  the power went out tonight.  leslie thought it had something to do
with a sandwich shop. leslie's given me a gorilla and i've named him
celeste.  he loves all of you very much, and he plays the drums.
celeste waves.
  so, yes, the power went out.  i turned onto brady street and
noticed that something looked strange, but i couldn't tell what it
was.  probably because it was too dark to see.  but the darkness, as
it happened, is what WAS strange, and as i drove down the street i
saw people standing in the blackness and the pubs lit by candles and
drunken folks spilling out onto the sidewalks and television news
crews and it was all very confusing.  the traffic lights weren't
working, either, and it's a good thing that i'm mario andretti in an
ally sheedy parka....so i was fine.
   the geese have gone south, i think.  for the winter...i'd rather
like to go, too. well, i'd like to go south for the winter if i could
keep the northern winter weather, but i suppose that would defeat the
purpose of migration altogether.
  so here's a mildly entertaining bit of information...i went out for
coffee the other day after work, and i was holding my mug in one hand
and my notebook in the other, and wondering how i was going to get
out the door.  there was an old woman standing at the door and
holding it open, and i was glad to see her because i really could use
a hand.  she looked like she would hold the door for me.  instead,
she turned and looked and me and firmly slammed the door in my face,
and everyone started laughing, and i laughed too and walked outside
and she called me a name and said "i don't know who the hell you are"
and apparently that was reason enough for her to slam a door in my
face.  everyone kept laughing. i saw a boy through the window, and he
looked at me and shrugged and laughed and i giggled at him.  i guess
it was funny...sort of.
   i'm running behind.  a few days ago there were letters to write
and there was drink to drink.  so now i'm writing the letters and
drinking the drink and feeling that, strangely enough,
procrastination didn't pay off this time.
  i think i am going to go to madison next weekend for
elise...pernice brothers...it should be a good time.  i hope i don't
have to be twenty-one.  i always need to be twenty-one, and it's pure
silliness.
  tonight, not even mysterious marie and her lovely lais could
distract me from elimidate.  hugs
  xoxo
kirsten
  rachel frootloop, although fitter AND happier, is not a pig in a
cage on antibiotics.  she is lovely.

Care2 make the world greener!