Sinister: Glasgow listees; November 9th?

Mouche75 at xxx.com Mouche75 at xxx.com
Fri Oct 12 01:22:01 BST 2001

Hi,

I hope this isn't tantamount to list abuse, but there is a story attached to this; the first time i ever posted to sinister i asked if anyone wanted to help me put on an indie night in glasgow... so... well, this is for all the folks who replied to me...

I finally managed to sort it out, and it'll be called The National Pop League.

at the risk of repeating myself for anyone who follows the jeepster forums too...

(clears throat)

Anyone who kicks around Glasgow will know that there are hardly any nights playing old fashioned indie you can dance to. So I've decided to put on one myself. It's on Friday 9 November, from 9pm till 2am, at the Woodside Social Club. Which is about a minute's walk from Kelvinbridge underground station. And we'll play shillyshallying C86-ish stuff like Talulah Gosh and The Shop Assistants, and lots of Belles stuff, and Smiths, and lots of noisy stuff, and lots of deft chord-surfing indiepop, and occasional hot cuts from the Electric Boogaloo series, and Hot Butter by Popcorn, and old punk records, and the Aislers Set, and Dexy's, and and just about any request we can meet.

It'll cost ya £2 to get in, and if you need any more info, get in touch, because if lots of folk come we can put it on regularly. Mark it down as a civic duty.

Oh, and if anyone would like to help publicise in any way, let me know and I'll let you in for nip and buy you a drink.

(ends announcement)

so if anyone wants to help, or lend support, or say hello, or get more info, or ask for a song to be played or anything like that, please mail me off list.

and thanks for your indulgence.

mouche.