Sinister: Chufactor

Rachel blind_lisa at xxx.com
Fri Oct 12 20:19:41 BST 2001

HELLO SINISTER!!!!!
I just want you all to know that I'm so happy to read every single
one of your posts!  I appreciate the fact that there is room to be
silly (as you know I am) serious, poetic, informative, creative and
sweet.  Sinister is a grate place to be.

There have been a lot of posts lately, and I had some things to say
about some of them!

First, A shout out to the Sweden posse, AN, Astrid and Daniel!!  I
hope you get a picnic together!  It would be so fun to read about!

Kirsten Kenyon said: "maybe i'll publish my own bible someday,
complete with bosch paintings and little knock-knock jokes in the
footnotes, and a handy ring-bound day planner with photo sleeves
sandwiched between malachi and matthew."
I am picturing a new sect starting up, studying the Kirsten Kenyon
version of the bible and I'm trying to imagine what that congregation
would look like! This struck me as being extremely funny!! mmmmmm,
sacralicious!

There were some really wonderful posts from Gordon, I was really
impressed when Gordon wrote: "The world is too cynical to recognise a
straightforward failure and too daft to see a subtle success. I'd be
the world on both points were it not for... dreams." I think that
speaks for so many of us, doesn't it?

And new "Honorary Rachel", Shannon Pop-tart, HR wrote: "While it's
not raining now, the air is thick and heavy, and surely it will
during the night.  I hope I wake to thunder, and raindrops pattering
on the window. That would be perfect.  Even more perfect than right
now, that is." I wish we would get a good storm here in the L.A.
area... Shannon, your description has me longing to wake up to stormy
sounds! The summer is still clinging to us here, though.  It is
extremely windy and hot today.  Let the brush fires begin!!!

Robster Brennan wrote a grate post!!  The final paragraph did me in.
Especially where he said: "I began to think of cities laid waste and
human suffering.  I wanted to think of things that didn't make me
feel like the world was bigger and uglier than I could handle."  I
find myself trying desperately not to think about this war too much
because it's sickening and I feel really helpless.  The thought that
this war could go on for years is a little hard to conceptualize, nor
do I want to.  I might as well just go into hibernation until the
world is a better place... but that would probably be until hell
freezes over. It makes me sad.  I am finding that I'd much rather
live my life like a movie in my head.

Sir Richard Gillanders wrote something that really tickeled me:
"adding 'pal' to the end of a sentence can make it seem threatening.
or just rude.  unless you can do it in a post-ironic way.  try it
yourself."
Ok!  I am finding that I'd much rather live my life like a movie in
my head, pal!

Jarkko wrote some heavy sentiments down. I got to thinking about not
liking Belle & Sebastian anymore because it reminds me of HIM. Now I
have 2 people I think of mostly when I listen to the music.  I tried
not to let it get to me, though I did go off of them for a few months
after the heartbreak from said boy #1. But now, Belle & Sebastian
mostly just reminds me of ME and these days I'm pretty easy to deal
with. For me, anyway. You take care of yourself, you're worth it.

Archel Toast posted my most favorite statement yet: "'hey, i'm NAKED
here, lady'"  or she can try it a'la Richard Gillanders "hey I'm
naked here, PAL!"  I find the term "Lady" to be just as derogatory as
"Pal" is, personally... I use it quite often while driving! Even when
telling little kids to get out of the street "Hey, move your bike,
LADY" and she's eight!  That cracks me up.  And yes, I'm a lame-ass!

Katie the finger cutter said: "I also organized all my art for the AP
art application I need to fill out this week.  And I then realized
that I am not as good as I thought I was, so I painted and came up
with new ideas to build a portfolio."  This is always good.  As an
artist, you will constantly be reworking your portfolio, and I doubt
that you will ever look through it and feel that you're as good as
you thought you were.  At least, that's what always happens to me!

Ian Nicolson said: "Someone once (only once) asked me what the
difference between a violin and a fiddle was (is?). I thought it was
going to be a joke, but was sorely disappointed. If anyone can think
of a punchline then you can win all our admirations and rest in the
knowledge that you're far funnier than me. Or at least cleverer."
The difference is a jug of moonshine that is 3/4 gone, I believe! ;)

James Thorniley wrote about a rather thorniley subject: "So? Boxers
or briefs? It's a curious question. Which is the norm? Honestly now?
Does everyone assume it's boxers cos that's what the hard kids wear?
Do skinny indie boys wear briefs? I mean I do, so that makes one
skinny indie boy, but what about the rest of you? Hmm? How about we
take sweepstakes on what Ken Chu is wearing then pull his trousers
down to find the answer!"
Are we taking bets?  I'm going to guess briefs! and speaking of Ken's
underwear...
LAURA LAURA LLEW, WHERE ARE YOU? I *love* Laura's post even though
they're few and far between these days! I have to say that I find
Laura to be extremely clever and I love anyone who can refer to
themselves in third person, but especially Laura.  I kind of wish she
was a Rachel, she's *that* cool!  But a rose by any other name...

A shout out to Tyler Rentz!!

Kirsten Kenyon is beautiful. Didn't you know?  And according to her,
she is "mario andretti in an ally sheedy parka" and you gotta love a
girl like that!

Now it's time for something I like to call
*************DIDN'T CHU KNOW?********************
A fool and his red bull are soon parted... so be smart and mix yours
with vodka, please!

**************ON THE 'BATTLE OF WILLS' FRONT************
I have gotten some responses from you Sinisterines about the Battle
of Wills v. Rachels v. Christophers, and it's shaping up to be a real
scream!  I still need to know if Ken will be the judge and if anyone
else wants to participate in making the mix tape. It's not going to
be as hard as it sounds, I promise!  And it's not going to be an
entire tape of The Strokes, White Stripes and Hefner, either!  Well,
maybe...

You want to know something so twee?  Elise and her Sinister love,
Sean are together in Wisconsin right now! Yippeee!

Another twee thing about list romance... Colin Boy is *so*
adorable... but he's probably two-timing me this weekend with another
Sinister girl, the illustrious Amy Bancroft!!! *sigh*  Oh well,
tomorrow I'm seeing the ever-charming Sinister nursery dweller, Ryan,
whom will make himself known once he's able to, I'm sure!  So, I
guess it's only fair...

We will be with you at the Chicago picnic, in spirit!  Tell us all
about it kids!!!!

Shout outs to the Rachel posse! the wee Rachels Grapenut and
Cornflake, Rachels UK Sunny Side Up and Archel Toast and soon to be
UK Rachael from Australia who has no breakfast name yet!  And of
course the honorary Katie Cheeriodle, HR and Shannon Pop-tart, HR!
And you too, Will "Rachel Porridge" Salt! !Viva Rachels!

Shout outs to all of you who read this whole post, too!!!  I adore
you!

Love to you all (and kisses for Colin!)
Rachel fruitloop