Sinister: jeepster creepsters......

caleb ben moore opaline_moon at xxx.com
Fri Oct 12 21:14:36 BST 2001

well i was bored on my lunch break as usual and
went to the jeepster chat room.  for the first
time mind you.
   i began talking to someone in the room and
they asked me if i was a belle and sebastian fan
and i of course said "oh yes, i'm quite
sinister."
  and they said, "what do you mean?"
  so i said " it's a term used to describe b&s
super-fans"
   they replied "i'm quite familiar with the
term."
   so i asked, "are you on the sinister list?"
  they replied, "uh, ....no."
   so i said "oh you should be, it's a very nice
warm close-knit community"
    and then the person said the kicker: "i've
made a conscious decision NOT to join the list.
we around here feel it's SO pubescent."
     pubescent.   she actually used that word.
 i had no idea that there was beef between the
jeepsters and the sinisters.......suddenly i felt
like i was surrounded in enemy territory!  i hid
in the shadows and made a hasty exit while no one
was looking......
    so could someone please explain the history
here?
  i'm intensely curious to know about this rift
between the fans..........
       long live the sinister nation!
          ta!          caleb ben

=====
And when I'm lying in my bed I think about life
and I think about death
and neither one particularly appeals to me
and if the day came when I felt a natural emotion
I'd get such a shock I'd probably lie
in the middle of the street and die
I'd lie down and die  ------morrissey