Sinister: Excitement all around.

Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Fri Oct 12 21:14:34 BST 2001

Hi everyone;

It's been a little while since I've posted anything,
just wanted to say hello and tell you what I've been
up to lately.

TRAVIS SHOW

So I saw Travis last weekend down at the Electric
Factory. They aren't one of my favorite groups or any-
thing but I do really enjoy them. In the queue some-
one commented on my homemade Belle & Sebastian patch,
which was very refreshing. I was asleep in the audi-
torium at school the other day and this girl kept
calling me Sebastian in an attempt to wake me up. I
guess she thought Belle was my girlfriend. I told her
they were a band, and she should listen to them and
she just sort of nodded. So it was refreshing to talk
to someone who liked them, let alone knew they were a
band. Let alone didn't think that I was Sebastian.

Travis were a lot of fun live, I was amazed at their
thorough rock-and-roll-ness. They really put on an
excellent show. We waited outside for a spell and
eventually they came out, Fran wearing a huge black
wig which was a bit of a laugh. I gave him a hug just
because, and Dougie said he lost one of his button
badges while he was onstage so I gave him one of mine
off my bag. He put it on his denim jacket. "You're a
*____ing king," he said, in his wonderful accent. I
hope he keeps it. I'd be thrilled to see him on t.v.
sporting a little I Love New Jersey pin. I gave him a
hug too. Such nice guys! So we walked back to our car
and drove home, very happy about our night. And we
didn't get lost either.

A WALK IN THE PARK

I got a job working for the National Park Service, in
the library. It's pretty fun. It's a nice change of
pace from the CD store, which I no longer work at. They
got a cool new book in about Spiders and I encourage
you all to come in and visit me. I'm scared of spiders
in real life but we can look at it. You will agree that
it is nicely done indeed.

MY CAR

Is sadly being taken apart due to the fact that it would
stall whenever it came to a stop sign, or whenever I
took a turn slowly, forcing me to drive through stop
signs and/or at speeds of excess. It will hopefully be
back together by the end of the weekend.

I'M THRILLED

To hear posts from Astrid and Will "Gneissy" Salt.
Keep up the good work guys, your posts are quite
endearing. This post actually had *the f-word in it
quite startlingly placed, but I erased it when I
started to think of  Astrid maybe writing lyrics
for her punk band or doing whatever she does and
reading it and saying, "How rude," although, in
Swedish, because I think Swedish has a  nicer sound
than English. At least, the way I speak it. Speaking of
Sweden, the (International) Noise Conspiracy
is coming back to Philadelphia. I'm bursting at my
proverbial seams with excitement. That actually was
relevant because they actually are Swedish.

THE OCEANS FILLED FULL OF MONSTERS

Been reading:
Irvine Welsh: Glue
v/a: Children of Albion Rovers (there's a few s/s in
there i didn't care for, though)
David Sedaris: Me Talk Pretty One Day. I'm not done
yet but so far I like it.

Been listening to:
Locust: Flight of the Wounded Locust 7"
Graham Coxon: The Sky is too High (Has anyone heard
his new one yet? I can't get it over here.)
The Rentals: Seven More Minutes

Everything Belle & Sebastian goes without saying, of
course.

Anyways, there's a show tonight at Alex T's, so I'm
going to go get ready. I hope you're all well.

Love,

Timothy.

xoxo