Sinister: It's not as if they're paying Chu, it's not as if it's Ken...

Rachel blind_lisa at xxx.com
Mon Oct 15 06:37:18 BST 2001

Hey SINISTERINES!!!
I know I just posted the other day, but there were a few more posts
that I forgot to say something about, so I wanted to write about
those and tell you about some other things...I'm imagining so many of
you seeing my posts and just deleting them!!!  But here I go anyway!

JenOwl wrote: "So now when I get that feeling, of being untouchable,
I keep thinking of that doll, and then I wait for that girl to show
up and mess up all the ringlets and pull the legs off everything
that's going right. Except she can't. No one can, because this time
round I don't have to let anyone play if I don't want to because I
don't get scared when people twist my arm up around my back any more.
And it's swell."
That post was sooooooo beautiful.  Really got to me and made me think
about how often we let people take advantage of us because we are
afraid to "not play"... Most people don't do well with confrontation,
but you end up with broken toys if you don't give firm boundaries,
don't you!
Feather Boa wrote: "i have spent the weekend making far from lifesize
models of my favourite popstars in clay.  so far i have Jarvis,
Struan and Richey.  i think that's enough.
i'm *so* jealous of smartly dressed Rachel."
Yay, FB!!!  Making dolls of favorite popstars is awesome!  I'd like
to see a pic of those! I used to make paper dolls of my favorite
bands and give them to the band.  it was a good test of which
popstars were nice and which ones weren't! And you are *so* sweet to
mention me!!!

Madeleine wrote about falling in love: "And it just feels like the
pieces of the jigsaw have finally fit, or not even that, but that
you've managed to do the sky and the edges of the jigsaw, and now you
can finish the middle bit yourself." Oh that is so perfectly
descriptive. I want to finish the middle part!!!  If only I could get
these edges put together! I also liked the part of that post where
she said that she threw up on her love's shoes at a Suede gig and
then he dumped her. What a guy!

Archel Toast wrote: "a few months ago, matt wrote on the page for
october 8 in his diary this reminder: 'die horribly'.  i know he was
only bored or something, but i've still been a bit nervy today and
won't be quite relaxed until after midnight.  there are such things
as self-fulfilling prophecies after all..."
Ohhh, I am so superstitious like that, too. It takes over all
rational thinking!

Kirsten Kenyon wrote about a run-in with a rude woman: "instead, she
turned and looked and me and firmly slammed the door in my face, and
everyone started laughing, and i laughed too and walked outside and
she called me a name and said "i don't know who the hell you are""  i
am amazed that anyone would do this to Kirsten!  how *dare* she!  Do
you want me to come up there and kick her ass for ya, Kirst?
Kirsten also wrote: "wait, am i engaged to ken chu?" Well, we're
waiting for the answer!!!!

Spike wrote of the mixtape battle: "I'm up for that.  One question.
Do we get bonus points for obscurity?"  Ken, are you gonna answer
this?  Are you even going to be the judge?  I'm prepared to ask Laura
Llew to judge in "Llew" of you, if you think it would be biting off
more than you "ken chu" (ohgod, I kill me! or somebody kill me!)

Joe Vester wrote: "I am definitely going to be a Rachel, if they'll
have me ( don't get me wrong, I like the Wills( and the Chrises(?))
as much as anyone else, I just think Rachel's a cooler name. And you
don't get to make up your own surname with the Wills). I think the
mix tape idea rawks." well, apparently nobody ever said that you
couldn't make up your own surname with the wills, I know that Ernie
is considering being Will Paprika for the battle.  But I agree with
you, Joe, Rachel is the better name!  So, perhaps you can be Rachel
Pancake or Rachel Mimosa.  Anyone else?  That's 3 honorary Rachels
and GUESS WHAT!!!  There is a SEVENTH Rachel on the list!!!  She
lives in Norway and is Rachel Jones, but we have decided to call her
Rachel Orange Juice!  Rach O.J. is in the nursery, but she is quite
lovely, so when she is able to post, you're in for a treat! A shout
out to Rach O.J. !Viva Rachels!

Marianna wrote regarding Will Salt and Will Pepper: "Oooh, can I then
be Will Spinderella? We can then sing "Let's talk about B+S Baby" and
"Whataband". ha ha etc."
OH MY GOD!!! I think I peed my pants when I read this, it's so silly!
 A shout out to Marianne!!!

Katie Cheeriodle, HR wrote: "Last week, I mentioned to dear Rachel
Fruitloop that I am undertaking the goal of having more fun,
especially mid-week.  I am finding it more and more necessary to
break up the monotony of the workweek."  Oh man, this can really
improve your life, I'm telling you!  I remember 2 weeks in July of
1998 my friends and I had the legendary "FAKE WEEKEND '98", we would
come home from work, take a nap and then go out every night like it
was the weekend!  Whew!  It was FUN! You should try it!

Carle Groome wrote: "And if I say "The Rutles," there should be a
rousing cheer and occasion cause enough  for heads to nod  in
agreement to the aforementioned overweening enthusiasm spasm."
ROUSING CHEER!!! THE RUTLES-ALL YOU NEED IS CASH is one of the
funniest movies I've ever seen.  If you like the Beatles and your
sense of humor is keener than a warped wooden door, you need to see
this movie.  Neil Innes is a brilliant songwriter, too.  I think I
prefer some of the Rutles songs to the Beatles songs!!!

Caleb Ben wrote: "you all should go out and listen to donovan,
i bet you'll prolly have a perfect moment also."
When I used to live with my parents, when I would be listening to
Belle & Sebastian, my dad would always come in and say "is this
Donovan?"
Caleb Ben also wrote: "tell me:  does anyone else out there like
steely dan?  well i'm i'm sure SOMEBODY else my age in this wide
world must.  and i'm willing to bet that they are on this sinister
list, reading this right now."  I like Steely Dan!  In fact, I wrote
once in a fanzine "Ricky, don't lose MY number!" and I think I was
the only one who got the joke!

Eric the half a bee wrote: "which reminds me of a joke I heard once:
"'I don't want to die! I want to finish my book!' 'you're
writing a book?' 'no, I'm reading one'". I think it
was on "perfect strangers". thank goodness for bad 80s
sitcoms."  Ok, Eric, you're quoting Perfect Strangers has got you so
much closer to having me vote a list crush on you!!!  Thanks for that
one!

Congrats to Sam Walton for being quoted (or misquoted as it were!) in
the NME!!  I agree with you about Oasis being grate in 1995, but
becoming crap by 1997!  I was lucky enough to see Oasis at a very
small venue (The Whisky a go-go)here in L.A. in September of 1994 and
they ROCKED!!  (Oasis loved the paper dolls I made of them, except
for Liam who didn't care, so there you go!)

Joseph S. wrote: "I don't know if B&S label Cohen as an influence
though much of their stuff is reminiscent of his text-heavy 60s/70s
work (67's Songs of Leonard Cohen and 71's Songs of Love and Hate in
particular)."  I think Songs of Love and Hate is one of the best
albums!!  On my mix of Unrequited Love Songs I put "Avalanche" by
Leonard Cohen on it. It's such a stunning song.  What a voice he has!

A shout out to Colin boy, you doll! (Pay no attention to where I'm
about to say I was yesterday!)

I heard The Strokes at Ryan's house yesterday (Hi Ry-ry!) and I think
they're better than I expected.  Not bad, but definitely nothing
serious.  I could see enjoying them like I enjoy Bis. I don't know if
that makes any sense to you all, but when do I ever?!

Is anyone up for a Southern California picnic anytime soon?  A lot of
us missed the last one, so it would be fun to do another.  I know
that Katie Cheeriodle, Rachel Cornflake, Ernie and Brier are
interested.  If anyone else is, please let me know and we'll try to
arrange for something!

That's all I got kids!
Lots of love to you all,
Rachel fruitloop