Sinister: sweet, sweet sounds

Hannah Brown h.brown6 at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 15 15:45:26 BST 2001

I am afraid this post is not B&S related because my attention has been
turned elsewhere. The Tindersticks at the Albert Hall on friday with a FULL
ochestra, consisting of 15 violins, 3 violas, 4 cellos, sax, trumpet, a
lovely warm sounding hammond and the mighty Stuart Staples. The night was
everso slightly ruined by my wonderfully happy friend with her beautiful,
beautiful husband to be, but everything else was perfect.

If you have not heard of them you should most definitely take some time out
to enjoy them. They have the most amazing range of sound from manic,
melodromatic, sweeping violin to tiny scratchy quiet moments and it's all
brought together with the deeply sexy sound of Stuart (who i can only
describe as sounding like vic reeves doing his club style-ee, but don't let
that put you off).

The sound quailty was fantastic, it resinated all around the hall and it
felt like i was dipping into a warm jacuzi. For those few hours the only
thing that mattered was whether they would play "she's gone" and they did.
I came away feeling as if i had had a full body massage. I even managed to
record half of it and bar the occasional sound of me going "wwoooaaa" at
the beginning of each song, it is great.

On a small B&S note, can we have a winter meet up in london, we could sip
hot chocolate and exchange cough candy twists? Any ideas?
             keep on smiling, hannahxxxx