Sinister: the magnificent seven.

Astrid Wiezell astrid.wiezell at xxx.se
Mon Oct 15 17:14:24 BST 2001

hello, hello.

the magnificent seven is on tv tonight. I´m thinking of seeing it, not because interesting at all, but just because it´s mentioned in the inlay in tigermilk. I am such a NERD, ah!

It´s so weird. I realised today, how much B&S really do MEAN to me, they´re like this drug that poisons you (but in a good way, if you get what I mean), and you just never can get ENOUGH of them. Well, at least I can´t. I even got this picture of Struan on the wall, right beside my pillow and I kiss it goodnight every night and not because I would actually like to kiss this 17 year older little man (wait, maybe I would, Ah, Well I´ve changed my mind, I DO want to kiss him because he is so truly beautiful) but because It´s just like he is so REAL (no, I´m not hallucinating). Belle and Sebastian are real, they are real persons which is so much better than all these stars that are so thin and wear too much make-up and only sings about stupid things. But Belle and Sebastian feels like persons that you would meet in the local record shops or sit beside on a bus on your way home, or maybe just have as a friend. They are so lovely and I don´t think I´ll ever stop loving them.

I´ve been e-mailing off-list with Daniel, and the swedish sinister meet-up will probably be a winterpicninc! In the snow! No foxes, though, but probably some sinisterines! Oh, that would be so lovely, drinking hto chocolate, eating sandwiched and play in the snow. Yes, we actually said that was what we were going to do, and I think it sounds absolutely wonderful!

I´m listening ot disco renaissance right now. I love it, it´s such a grate song. You´ll go disco and I´ll go my way... mmmm...

I love to sing. I don´t do it very well, but still I do it all the time. I always sing along to things, so, a bit of advice: Don´t ever, and I mean EVER ride in a car with me if you aren´t really tolerant with singing along and me never staying on one radiostation for more than one song, or me switching cd:s/tapes all the tape. I am horrible in cars.

I´ve been thinking of when i have kids, which I hope I will some day. I was imagining me driving my kids to school, and I would sit there, listening to B&S, and my kids would go "MUM, please, not ben and sebastian again!"
"Belle and Sebastian, they´re called Belle and Sebastian. And what´s wrong with them? They´re grate"
"NO; they´re horrible, turn it off, it´s rubbish. I HATE Belle and Sebastian!!!!!"
"You know you don´t mean that!"
"Yes I do, they´re just stupid cardigan clad people who made music for other outcasts and geeks and people who wear cardigans!"
"It´s my car, I´ll decide what we are going to listen to!" *Sings along to Le pastie de la bourgeoise, and can´t do it very well*
*Kid sulks*

I mean, think about it. What kind of world would it be if your kids would think "being a rebel" or just making your parents angry, would be listening to S Club 7 or Steps or something like that. Ahhh! I get all panicked thinking of it. I know there will be one day when I come to realise that my kids think of me as a nerd who listens to nerdy popmusic.

Ok, I´m 15, I´m not really planning to start getting kids soon or anything. But I just get really upset (or amused) when thinking of stuff like that. It´s weird though, you have to admit that!

Oh yes, by the way I... I forgot what I really wanted to say with all this. Did I want to say something?

Hmm.

I had to take some leaves home with me today. There´s just LEAVES everywhere you go, it´s like big oceans of leaves, and they are all beautiful, yelloworangered in different shades and with different looks. I brought five home I think. And I know that when I do my christmascleaning, I wil find them, dried up, under lots of papers and some cds, they will by then have turned brown and they will be mashed, and I´ll swear and think "Why did I pick up some leaves and decide to take them home?!"

What the hell am I doing, really? This post really is bad, and I am aware of it.

Lots of love and leaves to you all,

Astrid xxx

P.S Anyone ever thought of naming their kids after something B&S, or just with like a favourite caracter in a book or a writer or a person in a movie or something. Or is it just me being sick? Take care.