Sinister: Bob Dylan and my Dad.

Tim Banning fezzywig at xxx.com
Tue Oct 16 07:09:09 BST 2001

Hello All.

Well, I saw Bob Dylan last night.  I'll say it was really cool, but honestly
I'm a bit confused by it all.  You see, I can't remember a time when I was
like oh, Bob Dylan, he's cool. (except when I asked my mom who he actually
was one time when I was like 7 and thought he was one of the Beatles) My
little brother was named after him, Dylan being his middle name.  So, you'll
understand when I felt sad when my dad left one ticket at home after we had
driven 40 minutes to the venue.  He drove back and after about an hour and a
half into the set my dad showed up.  So in-between worrying if my dad was
ever going to see this guy or if he crashed on the way I was watching Dylan
rock out.  And by golly he can rock out, the man is an amazing guitar player
and his band was as tight as could be.  He played for two hours and about
twenty minutes too! and he's 60!  The true joy of going to see this show was
hanging out with my dad and watch him throw up a peace sign to dylan on
stage as he acknowledged the audience...
It looks like I'm going to have to shave (or at least) buzz my head in the
next week or so.  I'm feeling very self conscience about it.  Up until 2
years ago I had really long hair, and now, for a play I'm doing I have to
buzz my head weird.  I really just don't want to walk around like a skin
head is all, and I don't really wear hats.  I had the Idea of wearing
glasses at work (though I don't need them) so that my tip's don't suffer do
to my lumpy headed appearance.  I don't know maybe it won't be so bad.
My brother, whom i mentioned before likes the Jonathan David CD.  well at
least Carriage Clock, he's 12.  I can't get the strokes and ben folds out of
my head though.  Even at the dylan concert, unfortunately.  I'm going to go
see Ben Folds at a bowling alley on Wend. in L.A. "bowling with ben".  I'm
looking forward to it.
The room I'm in right now smells like cat barf.  It's really gross, though I
can't find the source of the smell, other than the cat it self.  I got some
fillings today, My first ones, weird I know, it didn't hurt.  I'm falling
asleep, goodnight. or day.
take care, tim