Sinister: sHe LoVes It WheN he SiNgS LiKe eLviS...

velocity farewell velocity_girl_is at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 16 12:36:38 BST 2001

hello the sinisteR typeS!

how have you all been? it's been a while eh? I kept
thinking i should post but my lazy nature would always
find excuses not to... then I read my LauRal's post
today and it inspiRed me to write...
LauRal mou, i loved the e.e.cummings' poem... but i
think that there's a lesbian aura that's started
surrounding spinister-ism... people might think that
being single and maintaining this divine maid state is
just a way to hide our homosexuality... well, let them
think what they want... we're happy by ourselves, our
spookydog and by sipping strawberry tea sitting at our
porch commenting on the passers by, aren't we? cats?
they're so last year darling!!
not to mention le cupid that lives in our dungeon...
and yes, laural told no lies, cupid's become a master
indeed on chocolate maroon cakes and not only!
But time has come for us to make the ultimate
sacrifice... we have to be apart from cupid at least
for a while until world peace's restored... you see,
we believe that the only way to do that is by using
cupid in ways you can't imagine... but you'll read all
about it in our next spinisterine post...
It's OctobeR already... tis been 3 months since i left
fair ol' britain... i went to the british council the
other day and they told me that i had a good chance of
being accepted in glasgow's fine arts school... well,
i'll have to pay some fees but i can manage
hopefully... so my plans of moving there are still
on... my mum, honey's aunt tasouli, will visit me in
glasgow too and she's planning to amaze glaswegians
with her spicy mediteranean cuisine!!
A while ago someone wrote about me that i reminded
them of Jane Austen... sorry i can't remember your
name...
I don't know if you meant that as a compliment, i
can't really remember your post now, but i took it as
a compliment coz i love miss austen... then i read my
llew's post and Mark Twain's comments about austen and
i thought i should reply to that too...
You see you should always consider the era an author
has lived in... besides that, i love the way austen
writes about 19th century england... it's weird but
whenever i feel depressed or scared i always go and
take one of my austen books to read for the x-th
time... i love re-reading them... i have them all...
when my ex visited me recently he was really surprised
to see that i had all her books!! he's never read any
austen books and he thought, well, let's say that he
agrees with mr twain's opinion... but austen's not
simple... there's more under the surface... Sir Walter
Scott wrote about Austen in 1816, "austen's work and
her characters remind us of the flemish school of
painting. Her themes are not always refined and, by no
means, never pompous; but they're given in such a
truthfulness and accuracy that pleases the reader".
But i tend to agree with E.M. Forster, one of my fave
authors, who wrote in 1923: "I do confess that i too
belong in the party of Austenites and thus, being
slightly stupefied with Jane Austen. Oh my slow-witted
phraseology, the unbattered by fire on which i place
it, how much they must enrage, let us say, a
stevensonite! But Jane Austen is something else! She
is my favourite author! I read and re-read her work,
with my mouth open and my mind shut. Settled down in
endless pleasure, I salute her by the name of the
kindest hostess whilst the critical ability is asleep.
The austenite has such an insignificant wit compared
to the one that he so open-handedly attributes to his
idol. Like the devoted christians that go to church so
often that they stop paying any attention to the
text."... and miss Virginia Woolf wrote that austen
was the perfect woman author and that her talents were
in a uniquely perfect balance...
Ok, that's it for miss austen... sorry if i've bored
you to tears with all that but one has to cherrish her
(his) obsessions, right? and defend them when needed!
My precious gingerfox told me that Jonathan Richman
was playing in London on Saturday!! i was so so
jealous... but it's my greedy nature that makes me
jealous... I saw richman live twice... first time was
10 years ago and i was indeed (like sir w.scott would
say) stupefied!! and i saw him again 4 years ago and
it was weird but he looked as if not one day had
passed by since the last time i had seen him... lucky
londonsods! i hope you all went to that gig!! I'm
wearing my old wranglers today in Jonathan's honour as
he sings that "he never wears levis just wranglers!"!!
That was all for now daaahlins! and by writting
"dahling" it's just hit me!!! STAYC!!COME BACK SOON OR
I'LL DISOWN YOU!!
Take care the lot of you...
 Vel xxx

PS: The PF!! I'll write to you soon... i'm sorry i
haven't replied yet but i've been so very busy, not to
mention that my internet connection at home's dead!! I
miss talking with you loads... i've come up with some
new ideas about music-genre-bastardisation that i
think you'd appeciate!!
the same goes for my Sally... about my delay in
replying that is...
PpS: Cabbagio big hugs!! and give my love to little
spRout!! tell her that once i'm back we'll go dancing
again...
PppS: Happy BiRthday to all the october-children...
Ppps: all of you uk-ers should go and see tompaulin
live.. here are the dates:
24th october - mean fiddler,london(supporting
cinerama)
25th october - oxford (venue as yet unknown)
31st october - the basement, chelmsford, bitterscene