Sinister: The Man Who Loved Beer

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 17 20:46:53 BST 2001

Hello Sinister...

I nearly posted the other day while in a bad mood.
Glad I didn't now.  There's a thing called the New
Seriousness - apparently the Old Seriousness wasn't
good enough anymore.  My New Seriousness was largely
due to being sat around trying to kill my latest beer,
Wild Turkey and hip-hop induced hangover with my
current favourite hangover cure (banana sammich) and
my current favourite album (How I Quit Smoking) while
constantly assailed by thoughts of a summer well and
truly gone.  Bugger.

It's all temporary of course.  The hangover goes.  The
album stops.  The sun shines.  You find yourself among
friends and you make them fried bananas with sugar and
cinnamon.  Bananas are good.

Re: subject line.  The album liner notes credit this
song to an 'unknown Egyptian, c. 1990 B.C.'  I'm
intrigued.  Anyone got any info??

I've won some art!  Courtesy of Damien Hirst and that
fine publication The Idler ( http://www.idler.co.uk ).
 Apparently it's a painting rather than any sort of
gigantic sculpture or pickled livestock.  This is good
cos I don't have the space for a dead shark in my
flat.  Can't wait!

Laura and Vel are planning to release cupid.  Good
thing.  Despite what that Murdoch chap said, there
really isn't enough love right now and the poor
blighter's been shut in that basement too long at the
mercy of the spinisterines.  Hope its not too late to
save the World.

Thanks to those who Reported Back on the
LondonIndieUSA do and congrats on raising all that
cash.  What a lovely bunch of people you lot are.
Wish I could've gone :(

Robster