Sinister: the agony without the oil-of-ulay

AN annika.lindberg at xxx.se
Wed Oct 17 22:04:38 BST 2001

...a week since last

so here I am biting my nails wondering what's becoming of the world.

my sister came home to visit last weekend. She looked at me and said: "You look exactely like MONCHICHI!"
Why, thank you.....umm...or? Ok, they're cute alright, but I'm still not sure I wanna look like one.

i turned 21 exactely a week ago. At first I felt nothing, I almost forgot it was my birthday. And then came panic and then came agony, slowly creeping up on me until I just wanted to scream and kick around and go back to my glorious childhood days. Sheesh I'm only 21, what's the fuss? I dunno.

during the last couple of days I've got 3 pimples in my face. One on each side of the mouth sort of, and one on my forehead. Now God, I know that I wished for my years not to rush away so quickly, but hey, I didn't mean I wanted to go back to my teens!
There's gotta be some cream called "simple, no pimple" out there, I bet. Give it to me now. I used to have this "Clean and Clear" or something when I was in london, but I didn't think I'd be needing it now....stupid.

it's not easy living on the countryside. Everyone just teases you all the time (meaning my friends). But I am determined to as soon as possible leave this boring, familyfriendly environment and seek a bigger, dirtier and noisier place to live. Not too big, mind.

so I went to stockholm previous weekend, and it was grate! I hadn't been there for such a long time, although I live only 50 minutes by train from there. and we went to this jubilee for a music magazin called Bomben (The Bomb). I only went there to hear the english band Fosca who were playing that night. Boy, where they good! Dickon, the singer, is just really cool and, aah I don't know, well, charming. Too bad he's gay :)
Anyway, there were quite a lot of people there, for being such a small event that is. And I felt completely lost. Everyone seemed to be so "cool" and "in" and knew the latest look and latest music. Most of them didn't even bother listening to the bands playing, they were sitting in another room talking and drinking beer. indie as f***.  I'm not.

we bought a beer each as well since it seemed they only had beer, wine and some strange mix with orange juice to choose from. I'll NEVER drink another BEER in my life! I'd completely forgotten how disgusting it is, yack. Crisps saved my stomach. Beer-crisps-beer-crisps-smoke-beer-crisps-beer-smoke.....etc etc until beer was finished. Phew.

Then we found cider.....oh sweet bliss!

i bought 2 cds, Ryan Adams and Fosca. Me happy :)

things are not going well with one of my subjects in school..."society knowledge" you know, politics, eu, that kind of things. Frankly I suck at it, and I find it boring and I don't understand and I don't remember and I'm not the least interested! I didn't go to the last lesson (I only have 1 lesson a week) and apparently we've started working in groups now. They put me in a group which I've no idea who's in, except for one girl. I have no phone numbers to anyone, and they probably haven't got mine either. I smell Disaster!

i wish the mix-tape battle teams good luck! I haven't decided on whom to cheer yet but I honestly believe the Rachels are up for kicking some butt ;) I'm glad I'm not the judge! One mistake and you live in fear for the rest of your life.....boh!

finally (this has taken me more like 30-40 minutes than 15. remember I'm yellow-blue) this goes to sinsister Astrid who is also my "mixtape"-sister and whom I assume will get drunk as a saucepan this coming friday :)
Big Hug!

and hugs to all

-An (Monchichi)