Sinister: Os fedra ti darllen hwn gei di neud fi

Rachel blind_lisa at xxx.com
Thu Oct 18 07:35:39 BST 2001

HELOOOO SINISTERINES!
I'd like to begin my REALLY LONG post this fine evening by quoting
the grate Laura Llew: "I have found that if you don't have enough
time to read all of the sinister posts that just getting to Rachel
the Fruitloops will give you all the highlights - a bit like just
glancing at the top of post office mullet boy's head." I've often
thought of my posts as a bad out of style hairdo dressed up with the
fine touches of frosting an tipping bleach that say "Yeah, I meant to
do that! Now get into my Pontiac Firebird!"  Is that what post office
boy is like, Laura?  What a Llewser!
Of course, the highlights are according to my whims, so if you are
hoping to see what has been posted about things other than Ken Chu
and fecal matters, !Viva Rachels! and the battle of Wills, Sinister
list romances, and anything else that tickles my fancy (li'l
self-serving ol' me!), then I suggest that you read the individual
posts yourselves, but maybe mine will give you a bit of a "feel" for
what's out there if you've fallen behind.  Let the summary begin!

Richard Gillanders wrote of Steely Dan: "oh.  FRUITLOOP - the one
that isn't to lose that number is actually 'rikki'.  not 'ricky'."
I suppose I should have been more specific, I was actually printing
the quote in my fanzine about someone named "Ricky" and the spelling
was just modified to add to my cleverness!  I should have known that
you'd notice, your cleverness abounds! ;)
But I must say, I find it amusing that you commented about my
spelling of rikki/ricky yet nobody seems to be alarmed that the word
"probably" is being spelled "prolly" all too often these days,
someone tell me that people are just trying to be cute... I predict
that "prolly" will be in Webster's dictionary by the end of this
century, perhaps even sooner.  I think that's prolly as shameful as
not knowing who Jack Kerouack is! d'oh!

Jim Gilmer wrote: "Stine infected me with the phrase "Punk Rock", and
now that's become my new exclimation. I intend to infect as many
people as possible. If you find yourself shouting "PUNK ROCK!" in an
exclimation of happiness, blame Stine, she started it."
OHHH NO!  I've adopted the exclaimation now, too!  Except in honor of
the !Viva Rachels! movement, I prefer to say "PUNK RAQUE" (Rachel is
"Raquel" in spanish ya know!)

Ken Chu wrote: "To summerise, the tape with the best songs with the
best puns with the biggest cheque will win.
Wait, am I engaged to Kirsten Kenyon?"
OK, you two, what is going on here!? *wink wink, nudge nudge*
YOU READ IT KIDS, KEN WILL JUDGE THE MIX TAPE BATTLE!!! HOORAH!
I think the easiest thing for us Rachel Team to do is this:  If you
are on team Rachel or would like to be, e-mail me with your mailing
address.  It will then work sort of like a chain. The tape will be
recorded on and I am trusting you to use your best judgement about
what to put on it.  Then you are to mail it to the next person, their
address will be provided for you.  When the tape is done, it will be
returned to me, and then the bribe cheque will be written and sent
off with the tape to Ken.  Any participants will also receive a copy
of our finished masterpiece!
And Will Porter wrote: "We should have insisted on pistols
at dawn, but now you've botched it.  Must I do *everything* around
here?"
MOUHAHAHAHAHAHA! *rachie rubs her hands together*

and Will Porter also said to miss Laura Llew: "To which I can only
respond: Ha, ha, and HA.  Your habit of lending things betrays you
bookshop girl (which, incidentally, can be sung to the tune of the
Dead Milkmen's "Punk Rock Girl")"
Which tells me that the !Viva Rachels! gang has *nothing* to worry
about!!  Dead Milkmen!? (no offense, but C'MON!!!)

AN Monchichi (hee!) said : "i wish the mix-tape battle teams good
luck! I haven't decided on whom to cheer yet but I honestly believe
the Rachels are up for kicking some butt ;) I'm glad I'm not the
judge! One mistake and you live in fear for the rest of your
life.....boh!"
OH YEAH!!!!!  We're SO UP FOR IT!!!  But listen to AN, Ken, and
remember I can put a stop-payment on my cheque! ;)

Caleb Ben wrote: "have any of you rachels ever heard of the band
"rachels"?"
I have heard of The Rachels but have never listened to them.  Are
they as good as their name? ;)

****************PICNIC? PICNIC. PICNIC!****************
Since the Chicago Picnic was so fabulous last weekend, I want to have
a Southern California picnic, especially because I was a loser and
didn't know about the last one (yeah, I know Cornflake, never again!)
 I think that a few of us have decided that we will probably have it
at Griffith Park again because we can't think of anyplace else.
Ernie also thought it might be cool to all see a movie in the evening
(think 'leccy bill, think cinema, think string bean jean!) and I, for
one, am all for it!  So, I'm thinking Saturday November 10th.  What
do y'all think?  I'm open for suggestions!

...and isn't another big Sinister picnic this weekend?  In Dundee is
it?

Astrid said: "I know it sounds horrible, but I don´t want her to
listen to B&S because she is such a bitch and never care about other
people´s feelings."
Well, rest easy little star, if she really is the unfeeling bitch you
sense that she is, she won't *get it* anyway... But I know what you
mean about not wanting to share your favorite things with people who
for one, are stinky and for two, don't smell so nice...

Hi Johan! Welcome back!!!!!

Ken Chu, your last post was... well, I'll just say that ya dung good!
But it took a turd for the worst by the end! ;)

Where is Stacy Dahling these days? Nobdy has mentioned a visit from
her lately!

AND NOW FOR...
               SINISTER LOVIN'!
Juju wrote: "just now, as in this past week, my whole world is coming
together again. better than ever. closer, warmer, more loving, more
exciting..i feel the bud poking through the ash after the fire."  I
am soooooo happy that Juju is happy!!!  You're the grape, too,
darling! ;)  You must tell us all what your band is called so that we
can go shopping for your album... and congratulations!!!

Mr B. Ben Apps wrote: "Crushed - another true story
How crushed would you be if your crush announced that she had been
crushed by who she crushed but it wasn't you? This happened to me.
boo hoo."
Well, Ben, I have a similar story.  Imagine if you were crushed and
you didn't know who voted it on you, so you voted it on the boy (or
girl if you will) that YOU have a crush on, only to be perplexed
because it wasn't a match and then when your crush voted a crush on
you it was weeks after you had voted one on them, so you got to
thinking that your crush didn't like you but then you're relieved
that they do, but this mystery admirer is still floating around and
not making themselves known and their adoration goes
unenjoyed....HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!!! Am I engaged to Ben Apps?

Kara Jean wrote: "I'm beginning to think I have to move to
England right away.  I'm realizing what is really important to me."
Ohhhhh, the Kara and Peter story is my favorite!  I am really rootin'
for you kids!  Kara your thoughts were really beautiful to read!

*****************COMMERCIAL BREAK************************
I just saw a Ragu spaghetti sauce commercial and they are playing
T.Rex... I'm sure Marc Bolan is raviolling in his grave!

The Robster Brennan wrote : "Laura and Vel are planning to release
cupid.  Good thing.  Despite what that Murdoch chap said, there
really isn't enough love right now and the poor blighter's been shut
in that basement too long at the mercy of the spinisterines.  Hope
its not too late to save the World."
Oh me oh my!  If Cupid is being held captive, I'd say he's been
working against me all this time!  My dance card has never been so
full!  Don't let him out girls!

Rachel Grapenut wrote: "I said in return "there's too much luv to go
around these days."  And suddenly the belle and sebastian song made
sense!  I had always thought of it as a somewhat annoying song
against free love or something.  It never quite make sense.  But now
it does!"
Yeah, you know a lot of people say they love you and they don't
really mean it.  I mean, I always sign my notes "love" but that's
because I mean it.  I love that you took the time to read my note, so
I'm just letting you know!  but I don't tell people that I love them
just to be cute.  I can always tell when my mom misses me because
when I talk to her on the phone she'll say "I love you" before we
hang up.  but when she's gettin' too much of "the Rachie" she doesn't
say it.

Astrid wrote an amusing post about being a mom and being a B&S fan
and how her kids might rebel against her: "P.S Anyone ever thought of
naming their kids after something B&S, or just with like a favourite
caracter in a book or a writer or a person in a movie or something.
Or is it just me being sick?"
I've thought about naming a daughter Louise after Louise Brooks, but
not because I want her to grow up to be a slutty lonely freeloading
silent movie actress, but because Louise Brooks was beautiful and
quite ahead of her time for being a feminist and being sexually
liberated.  I think that's cool.  And as for rebelling against
parents, it was fairly hard for me because I was raised on grate
music. My way of rebelling was to *not* take drugs (dirty hippies!)I
swear my mom loves Morrissey more than I do... But I cringe when she
insists on listening to "The Last Of The Famous International
Playboys" on repeat for two hours, or when she breaks into song, but
in that mom's not-quite-right rhythym and it's "My Love Life".  Oh,
and don't get me started on The Cure or Erasure.  Sheesh!

*****Colin, don't read this part!********
By the way, brave Ryan from this here list has agreed to go to my
parents' house with me this Sunday. It will prove to be a real
circus! I hope you are up for the challenge Ry-ry!  My younger
brother left town last weekend and got married and is returning to
get his things and move out of state with his new wife! And my
grandmother who goes by the name "Badger" will be in attendance! You
can all catch it on the JERRY show in a few days...

*****Ryan, don't read this part!***********
Colin boy is sooooo adorable and I am sad that I didn't get to dance
the night away with him in Nashville!  You lucky lucky girl, Amy!

Kirsten Kenyon posted about crayons and clue games and lost sketch
books and dropping napkins with your phone number on peoples' tables
and saying "take it, is for free." and gatorade.  And I can't help
but wonder how Kirsten can be so illustrious day in and day out... I
hope that someday I'm sitting in a cafe with her and she can think of
something interesting to write about how we have the same shoelaces,
cos you know she's just THAT GOOD!

There have been posts with your "dream team" band and a sort of
fantasy football thing, and I think that is really grate!  I'm not
quite sure I understand the rules though.  So I'll just shut up about
that!

Jenny Darling wrote: "speaking of..i bought a couple of japan records

this past saturday.  quality."
Do you mean JAPAN Japan, as in the eighties band, or just records
that happen to be from Japan? Cos if you mean the band I'll be
excited and, well, actually if you just mean the country I'll still
be pretty darn excited!!
Jenny also said in her subject line that the role of her was being
played by Parker Posey.  Who would be cast as you in a movie?  I
think I'd like to be played by Milla Jovovich. But Caroline Rhea will
actually be the one who gets the job;)!

Katie wrote about her boyfriend: "to make a long story short he was
real pissed at me and said something about not wanting to talk to me
anymore because I was putting other things before our relationship.
We've only been dating for three weeks."
I hope you made him feel like a tool by telling him that you just
found out that your dad has advanced colon cancer and that he
shouldn't be so inflexible anyway!  I'm glad that you're feeling a
bit better, despite this, Kate!

Ok, I promise I'm about to stop typing.  I just want to say that I
feel like a lucky girl and I hope this feeling lasts.  You are all so
brilliant.  Kisses to Colin!  And shout outs to my posse!  You know
who you are! ;) PUNK RAQUE!

Love to you all,
Rachel fruitloop