Sinister: Chuse your future

Danny Farrell farrell_danny at xxx.com
Thu Oct 18 13:11:03 BST 2001

Hello sinister-pies,

Ooooo what a strange few days i've had,

I tried to quit my university course on Tuesday because Accounting is just
not really for me,so i went to see my University counselor and somehow,im
still not quite sure, i was convinced that staying in Accountancy was such a
good idea,i think he used magic. I think i actually stamped at one point:

"I wanna quit the course" nicely and calmly
"But have you considered the amazing career prospects of accountancy"
"I wanna quit the course" slightly agitated and whiny
"You know you can take a non-accredited degree and finish a year earlier"
"I wanna quit the course" Stamping up and down
"You know you can get into any Sociology or English career with an
accountancy degree"
"I wanna quit the course" pleading
"But its already too late in the semester"
"Bite me.Bite me. Bite me." running out the room

Hmmmm anyway something like that,i was bewitched i tell you.
Erm im weak.

Then at night i went to see Troika with a few friends and met some lovely
sinister type people too and i decided to take my anger at the counsellor
out on my liver,it is bad and must be punished,9 tequila slammers and a
Troika gig later i was callously deserted by my friends.

Not callously or deserted either but that sounds better.

Anyway i found myself in the company of a superfab young lady,another four
or five tequila slammers later and we headed for our respective last trains.
However what was not taken into consideration is what i shall suggestively
title "the five steps rule" which means that after ten or more tequila shots
walking five or more steps without falling is nigh on impossible,this makes
walking for a train a lot more difficult but slightly more colourful,anyway
the ten minute walk turned into a half hour stumble and the last train
slowly headed away with absolutely no consideration for drunken buffoons who
could only manage a few steps without falling flat on their face.Evil
Railtrack bar-stewards!Actually i could have made the train because i could
manage a whole twenty steps without falling but my superfab lady friend
could only manage the pitiful five discussed earlier

Luckily Mr. Troika seen us and let us stay at his place which was superfab
of him actually because i so didn't fancy the prospects of staying up in
Glasgow all night with a Hefner gig looming over my head the next evening.

Then the next day me and my huge hangover went to see Hefner which should
have been grate,but my liver didn't like being punished the previous day so
it decided to make me feel evil all day. For some strange reason they played
the Cathouse which is like goth heaven and i was expecting to walk in and
see some sheep being sacrificed on a pentagram but maybe i was late or
something because there wasn't one. Mr. Hayman's voice was dead too and
there these neds who kept shouting and swearing and generally being neds,i
think the pinnacle of their nedness was when one of them tried to out-sing
Hayman and when politely asked to quieten down replied "Fuck off this is my
song"

Argh i want to kick neds' shins

Yicketts are worse though,they're the cultural consequences of people like
Eminem and Mr. Durst. I'd love to chain Yicketts together by padlocking
their chains to each other and then watch them try to figure out why they
keep falling,i think it would take about a year for them too realise:

"Wow man we keep falling and we're like stuck too each other"
"Hey this is,like,soooooo unrufus"
"I wonder if my man Em has a song about this"

Erm quite.

Hmmmm tangents: Loneliness must be the single most crippling emotion anyone
can experience.Its so much worse than rejection or sadness or  general
malaise because they can all be bounced back from and you can turn to
friends,but if you're lonely you've no one to turn to or at least it seems
that way and it just leaves you feeling so empty. I almost hugged a lamp
post last night,i think i would have if id had more to drink but as it was i
just settled for a few head-pats from my tall friend and the pearls of
wisdom "It really can only get better" or something similar to that anyway.

I am afraid of the dark ages,

recently instead of taking notes at university i've been sitting writing
random weird lines that come into my head from novels or films or even my
warped imagination and my friend asked to borrow my notes because he missed
a lecture and i gave them to him without thinking and all he got was a bunch
of random weird lines that he couldn't understand at all,which was pretty
funny for me.

Ooooo dundee picnic is on Saturday,i need to make my way up all on my
lonesome because Alan can't make it which is not too good actually because
three hours on the train myself isn't much fun. Hmmm everyone can be super
nice to me when i come up though and then i can punish my liver some more
and that will be fab.

Anyway must dash

Love, hugs and a purple funky monkey,
Danny xxx