Sinister: 1995-96 season

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Thu Oct 18 15:45:43 BST 2001

HEllo pEople

Well down to business then:

Everybody knows that Britpop was rilly grate and rilly silly, and to
commemorate those halcyon days of Chris Evans on the radio, and Graham Coxon
and Jo Guest on the same piece of film, here's my dream team:

                        *****PRESENTING*****
                          Asm's Britpop XI:

                             Alex James
                               (Blur)

Matthew Preist     Jarvis Cocker     Ian Broudie      Rick Witter
   (Dodgy)             (Pulp)     (Lightning Seeds)     (Shit 7)

Louise Wenner      Steve Lamacq       Jo Whiley       Gaz Coombes
  (Sleeper)          (Radio1)          (Radio1)       (Supergrass)

                  Justine Frishman   Damon Albarn
                     (Elastica)         (Blur)

The old Evening Session combo in the central midfield, feeding the ultimate
Britpop couple is what makes this team great. I was gonna put Matthew Preist
as a centre-back, but then realised that his heading ability would be
severely diminished due to the fact that he wears that Pork Pie all the
time. But there you go: 1995/96: Savour the moment.

Aaaaaah.

In other news, I was on the bus today and there was a girl who looked just
like Katie Holmes, holding hands with a boy who looked just like Jarvis
Cocker, and I marvelled at the perfection of this couple.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Saw Ben & Jason, that north London
8-piece band, in York the other day. They were quite good.

"love",

Asm.x