Sinister: I thought, this time, my subject line will be dead short, snappy, get to the point, sum up things in a concise and intelligent manner while being still enjoyable and informative, not just garbled rubbish and what I eventually came up with was this..."abcz" I felt it really said everything.

Joe Vester machiavellian_llama at xxx.com
Thu Oct 18 19:20:59 BST 2001

Indie 11:

                                                    Kurt Wagner
                                    (lambchop (OK, so not really "indie")

    Ben Folds                       Mr E                   Jonathan Donahue
Stuart Braithwaite
(Ben Folds Five)                (Eels)                    (Mercury Rev)
(Mogwai)

   Jack White              Nina Persson             Emiliana Torrini
Richard Ashcroft
(White Stripes)      (Cardigans, A Camp)            (solo)
(Verve)

                  Jarvis Cocker
Aphex Twin
                       (Pulp)
(Again, not really indie)

    I think my team would be pretty rubbish, y'know. I played in a 5-a-side
competition at school a few weeks ago and we lost 10-1. Admittedly, we made
the main qualification for membership that you didn't know the Offside Rule
and were well known to be absolute bollocks at anything involving sport. we
wanted to call our team "3 geeks, 1 Fat Boy and an Indian" but we weren't
allowed  even though everyone in the team thought it was Ok. it was unfair,
considering someone else got "4 Jews and a Wannabe".
    I (also) think indie should be spelt with little letters. It's not like
a god we worship (Or is it?)
    Can someone tell me what 'vintage' clothing is? I realised I had no idea
the other day and all through the indiekid debate (NO, don't even THINK
about starting that again) I read your posts without any idea what you were
talking about when you mentioned it. I _need_ this knowledge or I will
utterly lose touch with popular culture.
    I founded a religion the other day. It hasn't got a name yet but I'm
presently writing the holy book during Chemistry lessons. The main thing in
it is my new hat, it's cordurory and one of those bucket hats. It's the
sacred object, I'm the high priest who is given visions and wisdom by the
hat and my congregation is presntly one. It will grow, I assure you!
    I did all this after my attempt to become Pope failed when I realised
that I would have to become a priest and more importantly, a Roman Catholic.
Maybe I could be the first non-Catholic Pope. Or just decide to be the Pope,
irrelevant of all that voting Cardinals rubbish. After all, We have to get
the church out of this all-male, all-catholic rut, don't we?
    Our (my family's) G.P.(s) are a pair of identical twins so you never
know which one you're seeing. Just to make it more surreal, they are called
Dr. A Meeson and Dr. B Meeson. It's like something from a sitcom.
    Whadda we want? LONDON PICNIC!
    Whenda we wannit? SOON!

Joe