Sinister: Belle and Johan Sebastian Bachman Turner Overdrive

Calumn Calumn at xxx.com
Fri Oct 19 01:54:06 BST 2001

Hello!
	Nothing of interest in here, I'd get to that delete key quick!

	It's getting harder to think up subject headings here, this is
why I don't post as often as I should. I'm even harboring a suspicion
that I've used that one before. I'm on a train. I *can't* check the
archives. (but I have a collection of digests, and I'm not afraid to use
them!)

Anyway, as promised (threatened) by sinister's own Mr. Quiff (should
there be a rule regarding minimum sentence length imposed on Mr.
Richard. Gill. And. Ers. ?) I 'm posting once again. With lots of
brackets (I like them, they turn me on)

Quite a lot's happened since I last posted (digest #460!! Has it really
been that long?) so bear with me, and I'll try to give you the
highlights, by (ab)using the long-held sinister tradition of SUBJECT
HEADINGS.

PICNICS
	Well, there was a summer, wasn't there?
Loads and loads of people came to visit me in GLASGOW (they may not have
arrived for me *exclusively*, except for Ken, who was looking to pick up
a couple of tips for pulling the ladies. And Lady wasps, apparently!)
I visited EDINBURGH, too - there I am, in the right of the picture.
Fisticuffs were averted at the last minute. Sorry.
DUNDEE next. A meeting with a famous dog, and The Girl. I Can't wait,
It'll be GRATE!

PUBS
	There have been rather more of these than there should have
been. Just ask my bank manager - don't tell him you've seen me, OK? I
met more people that probably thought I was a bit scary. I am.
WhoooHoooHooo!

WEDDING BELLES
	My Car smiled. So did everyone else. Ailsa wore White.
Flattering. Ally wore Red(Dress). Flirting. I wore Green(Hunting).
Flatulent. Someone else didn't wear pants. I'm not telling who *she*
was.

GIGALICIOUS
	Joan of Arse - Amazing. Dudley Corp - Astounding. Time is
fleet~<urk> whoopsie. Almost sang a verboten song there.
Mr. Joss has to be the hardest working drummer in showbiz. I managed to
get his drumsticks, then give them away.  Did the Belles play? I can't
remember. I saw Camera Obscura play in a church hall, although I almost
saw an "excellent" guitar recital instead. Looking forward to the
Lucksmiths in Glasgow. That'll be Blinding.

VISITING DIGNITARIES, in no particular order.
It was really nice to finally meet:
Oztralian. With a talent for Drinking and Singing and Playing Guitar.
And Falling Over.
American. With a talent for Carwashoke and Moaning.
Greek. With a talent for Hugs and JoJo possession.
American *and* Greek (!) With a talent for Art, Writing and Dancing.

HONORABLE MENTIONS, amphetabetically.
That bit where I fire off a few quick cryptic messages. Skip this bit if
your name's not here! (I wouldn't worry about it too much even if it
is!)

Ally96 - Daphne & Celeste. It's been too long.
Breams - AhludjeyaCnt. Or something.
Dahling - I have My Ring safe and sound in my "special things" drawer.
GHD - Still out there? Miss you, man.
KenDobber - Can you explain the dealer button to me, please?
PF - Not Whales. Wails. I stayed Here, she went There. What was it you
said about love again?
Pookie - I promised I would, and I haven't - I will. I Promise. ;-)
Vel - More Turkish delight, please. Nose sugar sounds like drugs. But
isn't. I'm still preparing the reply present.
 And If I've forgotten anyone... Please remind me!

Better stop before I get a digest all to myself ;-)

YOU FORGOT A BIT
Oh, B&S content?
	Well, I've heard the maths teachers song, Marks and Angles.
	I was forced to, honest!
		And very nice it is too.
			That do?

YES, THANK YOU - FINISH UP NOW

See you in #Sinsiter. Or, indeed, #sinister ;-)
Love and chocolate buttons!
	Cal.
	xxxx
Sinister Hotel Management,
in the style of Basil Fawlty.

PS - http://www.btinternet.com/~calumn/images/cdcover.jpg - anyone else
think I look like John Mayall? (Far Left)