Sinister: Reeeeeelly obscure indie dream team.....

aale002 at xxx.nz aale002 at xxx.nz
Sat Oct 20 02:18:10 BST 2001

OK, after some poking and prodding (;-}) by Kirsten Kenyon on #sinister
yesterday, I've decided to post my indie dream team composed entirely of New
Zealand musicians.....OK, here goes:

1.      Chris Knox(everything)        (solo/Tall Dwarfs)
2.      Shayne Carter(everything)     (Double Happys/Straitjacket Fits/Dimmer)
3.      Andrew Brough(guitar/vocals)  (Straitjacket Fits/Bike)
4.      Kirsty(vocals)                (Goldenhorse)
5.      Ben(guitar)                   (Bressa Creeting Cake/Goldenhorse)
6.      Dave Dobbyn(guitar/vocals/piano)
                                      (Th' Dudes/solo)
7.      Tim Finn(guitar/vocals)       (Split Enz/Crowded House/Finn/solo)
8.      Luke Casey(drums)             (Eye TV/the Relaxomatic Project)
9.      Nathan Haines(sax)            (solo)kinda indie
10.     Floss(bass/vocals)            (Love's Ugly Children)
11.     Boogah(vocals/guitar)         (HLAH)

Subs

12.     Bruno Lawrence(actor/everything)
                                      (BLERTA)deceased
13.     Phil Judd(everything)         (Split Enz/ENZSO)
14.     Milan(guitar/vocals)          (Pluto)
15.     Rodney(guitar/vocals)         (Good Shirt)
16.     Jeremy(guitar/vocals)         (Garageland)
17.     Tiki(guitar/vocals)           (Salmonella Dub)not very indie, but an
                                           ace player

Prizes for those that _have_ heard of these people.  ;-} You are obviously true
indie legends, just like my main man Kirsten.  ;-}

On to other news....well, I am no longer an Official Book Burglar Catcher at
the library.  ;-/  Our job officially ended two weeks ago-but on the upside, we
get a nice new Book Returns Room with a huuuuuuuuggggeeee window looking out
onto ground level Albert Street-so I get people perving at me all hours of the
day and night.  Just like working in a cafe, really.

The Sinister Pcnic in a Library thing sounds like just my cup of Earl Grey.
How many Sinisterenes are there in Auckland?  I could smuggle us all in here on
a Saturday afternoon, then we could wander down to Pizza Pizza and get really
sloshed....oh, wait a minute, I do that on my own, anyways....;-}

Ummm.  I wish my name was Will.  All the Andre's on the list, rise up with me
now!  They can take our dignity with stupid girly-sounding names, but they can
never take our FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM.........

I saw this girl yesterday, and...wow.  I've seen her 'round before, like when I
worked as an Official Book Burglar Catcher on the front desk, and every time
she's caught my eye.  Wears lots of pink, which I something I'd usually avoid,
but she has dark hair and dark eyes, so it works.  Plus, every time I see her,
we just seem to stare at each other until something else distracts us, then the
moment is well and truely gone. I know I should go up and say something, but-
you know how there are some people that just melt you?  She's like that for
me.  <sigh>  Yesterday, she was standing next to the Short Loans counter when I
went up to drop a book in from the BR room and, I had to walk right towards her
to return the book.  We just sort of stared at each other as I walked towards
her, then I (being an irredemable idiot) paniced and looked down.  I placed the
book on the counter, muttered something to the counterperson, then turned
and...well, not quite _ran_ away, but close.  And yesterday was the last day of
lectures, so I may get a chance like that again.  <slaps forehead>  Stupid,
stupid Cunning Andre.  <sigh>

On that note, I'm off to do more nothing.

Right-o, that's me,

Cunning Andre