Sinister: baby steps to four o'clock!

Rachel blind_lisa at xxx.com
Mon Oct 22 06:56:20 BST 2001

HELLOOOO SINISTERINES!!!
Some days are packed full of moments that seem like they are the crux
of many things about to unfold.  Today has been one of those days for
me, filled with these dynamics...
This day has been about two weeks long.  There have been so many
wonderful posts and I have been trying to get organized all day to
post something of my own. So here I am, rock you like a hurricane!

Just to give y'all a little fruitloop update, I have reconciled with
my dancing partner from onstage at the 2nd L.A. B&S show,  Dustin
Smartly-Dressed, after he profusely apologized for inviting his
ex-girlfriend to stay with him over my birthday weekend and then
stood me up for a concert because he was "ill". It turns out that he
really was ill, in addition to suffering from being an
eighteen-year-old boy.  I am glad to be his friend, because Dustin is
very funny and smart and talented.  We had a very nice evening Friday
night.  He's thinking about joining this list, too, so you'll find
out how grate he is if he isn't too shy to post.

Elise from Wisconsin is one of the most caring and kind hearted
little cutie I've ever had the pleasure of having in my life, and I
thank her so much for being so wonderful!  This list made that
connection possible, and also...

the sweetie Ryan from this list met my family today including most of
my siblings and my parents and my Aunt.  It was slightly
embarrassing, but mostly a lot of fun.  Ryan said that my family is
"colorful" and my family thinks Ryan is the nicest cutest boy I've
ever brought around to meet them.  It was fab!  What a doll Ryan is!

Welcome Andre Enrico Ciriaco Federico!!  Andre wrote of a pretty in
pink girl: "I know I should go up and say something, but- you know
how there are some people that just melt you?"
Yes... I do.  I think that is why I accept apologies from silly
eighteen-year-olds.  And I wear a lot of pink, PAL, and I wear it
well! ;)  I think you definitely should talk to this girl!!!  It
sounds like she's noticed you, too!  Besides, life's too short!

Danny Farrell wrote: "I almost hugged a lamp post last night,i think
i would have if id had more to drink but as it was i just settled for
a few head-pats from my tall friend and the pearls of wisdom "It
really can only get better" or something similar to that anyway."
Yep.  It can only get better.  Then it might get a little worse
again, but then one day it will get a lot better and it will seem
like you're infused with the strength to not care too much about the
lonliness anymore, and that's when you will meet someone grate!

Chris Pez wrote: "contrary to popular belief the chrises mix tape
challenge team still exists. it now consists of Chris Pez (me) and
Cay Cola-Cubes [we're named after sweeties, see?"  well, you two may
be sweet, but you're just empty carbohydrayes. We Rachels are the
most IMPORTANT meal of the day, and therefore will have the stamina
to make the best mix tape ever!!

Caleb Ben wrote: "well i hope nobody gets mad at me, but i've
nominated myself an honorary rachel. and henceforth, i shall be known
called Rachel As Well.  initials R.A.W.  thats right."
Okay, R.A.W (that's very close to my initials, R.E.W.!) Welcome to
team Rachels! I shall be mailing all of the Rachels and Honorary
Rachels to go over our plan for the mixtape!!! yay!  I'm so excited!

An Monchichi (hee) wrote of Caleb Ben's (A.K.A.R.A.W.) idea for a
"telephone" game using song lyrics translated from language to
language: "If everyone follows the rules (what rules?) I reckon it
could turn out quite hilarious in the end. I assume you're not
allowed to use the actual lyrics as help?"
Yeah, that sounds like a hoot!!  How do we start this one?

Miss Cay wrote:"Me and Hatchback were at the Betsy Trotwood on Friday
with the rest of the Sinister "massive" and *wowsers* it was so good!
Ben Apps-you are such a little groover and shaker!"
So... Ben Apps is a groover and shaker? Like a superfly disco dancin'
John Travolta sort of groover and shaker!?! Oooh, tell me more!  I
liked Cay's story about Danson-Hatchback moving in!

Amy from Melbourne wrote:"hands up who wants 'my so-called life' back
in their lives?"
I do!!!!  That show ROCKED my world.  Claire Danes' haircolor in it
alone was enough to snare me in!  But It was just such an engaging
show in general.  I think it was the first of its kind, before the
Dawson's Creek lot!

Asm wrote: "I was on the bus today and there was a girl who looked
just like Katie Holmes, holding hands with a boy who looked just like

Jarvis Cocker, and I marvelled at the perfection of this couple."
Awww, that's so cute!!!  It's grate when you can take notice of cute
couples and appreciate how wonderful it all seems.  Most times how it
seems is even better than how it really is, at least for me. I try
not to get carried away with the dreamy fantasy part of a
relationship because then the whole thing takes on a life of its own
and is based on nothing, and when the infatuation fades, what are you
left with?  nothing.  Sometimes simple realism can be your best
friend!  But I like to look at cute couples and dream about how
lovely it all can be!

CarsmileSteve wrote: "You know it's at this time of year that i like
to go back and read the rules of the list, just in case i've missed
anything."
Which section of the list rules do you suppose would make the most
interesting reading for the majority of us, then?

Joe "Rachel Pancake" Vester wrote: "Can someone tell me what
'vintage' clothing is?"
It's the term that thrift stores use to justify charging $20 for a
blouse that you ordinarily could buy at a secondhand store for $2.

Archel Toast wrote: "i think we should have a sinister picnic in a
library."
That's a fancy idea!!!  But wouldn't you get kicked out for being too
loud and for drinking alcohol in a library?!

So, HOW WAS THE DUNDEE PICNIC?!

Kate Keenan wrote: "What am I, scotch mist?"
I am going to add this phrase to my vernacular straight away!

Calumn wrote: "Loads and loads of people came to visit me in GLASGOW
(they may not have arrived for me *exclusively*, except for Ken, who
was looking to pick up a couple of tips for pulling the ladies. And
Lady wasps, apparently!)"
So what are some of the ladykiller tips that Ken might have picked up
from you whilst in Glasgow?  Slip some vodka in her red bull when she
isn't looking?

Miss B. "Sweet Adeline" posted a grate story about a man dressed as
Jesus, complete with cross, going into Walgreens to buy snack cakes.
I gotta say that I wish I had witnessed that scene! THAT's what I
call divine comedy!

Stout Robin wrote about the longevity of historic writings:"someone
the philosopher knew had kept a diary, and in this diary were all
sorts of things about the philosopher and all of his ideas, along
with shopping lists and moans about his wife. But the reason
archaeologists had found this diary at all, with all its fascinating
stories, was because the man had CHISELLED IT INTO HIS BEDROOM WALL,
and the archaeologists had found the wall."
I wonder if our binary banter just disappears into thin air or if
there will be historic records from e-mails in the future...

Lisa from Texas wrote of her friends' wedding: "The strains of
"Johnathan David" begin ...and the wedding couple and aforesaid
Seattle pal all join me (no coercing! I feel so blessed!) to do the
various kinds of Charlie Brown kids' dances."
Whoah!  That's so cool!  I wish I had been there to do a little
Charlie Brown dancing!  The whole wedding sounds like it would have
been an experience not to be missed!

Peter Miller wrote of the new B&S cover for "I'm Waking Up To Us": "I
think it's gorgeous, to be honest. I think it's the best B&S sleeve
of the lot."
Wow, I really love this cover artwork, too!  The girl and the dog are
ultra cute... I think it could be my favorite as well!

Ruvi wrote: "people are silly and sad the world over."  Yes, some
areas moreso than others, but it's a relief to know that there are
other people just as silly/sad (I like to interchange these) as I am.
 welcome back from China, Ruvi!

Vu in Minneapolis/St. Paul looks pretty cute.  I want to know how one
goes about getting an e-mail address from dork.com cos I think I
really need one!

The ill boy PeetSketchSteve wrote: "Tim, Nic McCabe would be in my
top 10 too.  A genius with six strings."
I also agree with you and Tim about Nick McCabe.  Seeing the Verve
live was like a religious experience for me because of his guitar
playing. Can anybody tell me what Nick McCabe is doing these days?  I
hope you are feeling better, Steve!

So, I haven't really heard much from you Southern California/L.A.
area Sinisterines, what am I, Scotch mist?... drop me an e-mail if
you're interested in picnicing.  I had suggested Saturday November
10th, but we can discuss it further!

Ernie, you are next on my list to write back to! I have no ill "Will"
towards your team! (but the Rachels are gonna kick your butt! ;)  And
Katie Cheeriodle, I also apologize for taking a while to write back.

I'm off like a prom dress!
love,
Rachel fruitloop