Sinister: A Reluctant Interview with Mandee Wright

MyMomSays at xxx.com MyMomSays at xxx.com
Mon Oct 22 19:45:02 BST 2001

Q: Where have you been?
A: Wandering the halls Michener Library, looking for a boy named Douglas who has a high-speed internet connection... but everytime I open the door to his office he isn't there. But his jacket is, propped upright into the shape of a person and stuffed with a few brightly-colored hankerchiefs. I usually end up rummaging through his desk drawer and find condoms and cigarettes and scribbled notes from absent students: "I came down with shingles."; "I had a familiar emergency"; "There's something wrong with my lexicon". Other similar excuses along those lines, sometimes even quickly-drawn illustrations of the problem--for instance, the girl with shingles drew a messily pegged torso dotted with inklets of red: what I took to be a pictorial representation of the shingles themselves.

Q: When did the problem arise?
A: When I noticed that every one of my CD cases was missing the actual CD.

Q: Who do you miss most?
A: The usual bunch. A lot of initials composed of K's, R's, S's and L's.

Q: Are the rumors true?
A: No. Absolutely not.

Q: When are you going to get it together?
A: Once I figure out where I left off. Then, after I figure the starting point, I will do a series of difficult math equations--FOILing out the algebra, doing synthetic division--hopefully it will all come out to an equation with a few plus signs that can finally make some reiterated sense.

Q: What happened in the channel?
A: Oh, nothing..

Q: Give us your top ten reasons:
A: 1. Life ends in a big sigh.
   2. The necessities of life include a few mice drunk from fetal alcohol experiments, two unopened boxes of some crunchy and tasty, yet very nutritious cereal, and my dog, who is dying.
   3. Photojenny--what was Stevie thinking(Hushed: "I dooon't know)?
   4. I bought Nintendo's THE GLOVE. I wear it to dance clubs and do the baggly bagg, which is a dance intended to be performed along to Blackstreet's "Yo Diggity".
   5. I finally ran into Douglas
   6. I was making a compilation tape
   7. School is littering the countertops
   8. The Pinefox
   9. Gnostical Turpitude
   10. For once in my life--oh god--just get it together.

Q: For what reasons?
A: I've just lost my bookmark is all. This is open for interpretation. On one hand, a story of mine is being published in a journal called 3rd bed. http://www.3rdbed.com

It's hard for me to phantom this.
Mandee.