Sinister: WARNING: nerd alert. Indie superteam? Animate them with nitrate!

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Tue Oct 23 08:19:31 BST 2001

Indie superteams? My team of cartoon characters will kick your ass!
3-4-3 is the formation.
GOALIE: Spider-man. Might have been Reed Richards (a.k.a Mr Fantastic out of
Fantastic Four), but he's getting old.

DEFENCE:
-Nightcrawler from X-men. That abitility to teleport will come in handy,
since the other defenders aren't too quick.
-Thing out of Fantastic Four. A bit like Jaap Stam, ain't he?
-Blob out of Freedom Force. No-one, and I mean no-one will run past him.

MIDFIELD:
-Conan The Barbarian. With that long hair of his he reminds me of Emmanuel
Petit.
-Donald Duck. With his temper he'd be the Roy Keane of our team. Red card
mania!
-Zapp Brannigan out of Futurama. Can make a move on the ladies, so I reckon
he's good with the ball(s) too.
-Spock (from the animated Star Trek- series). The brains of this team.
Obviously.

ATTACK:
-Wonder Woman. Nice chest and great hair that will hopefully distract their
goalie.
-Colossus out of X-men. Big, tall fellow. Always good when there's a corner
kick.
-2D out of Gorillaz. I fucking hate Gorillaz, but since 2D = Damon Albarn, I
quess he's good with the ball. Pippo Inzaghi of our team: Whenever someone
touches Inzaghi, he falls down and complains about it to the referee. Damon
can write an album about how he was mistreated inside the penaltybox (hello,
Justine of Elastica!).

And here's the team:
http://www.activision.com/games/spiderman/
http://www.x-men.com/comics/bios/bio_nightcrawler.htm