Sinister: WARNING: nerd alert. Indie superteam? Animate them with nitrate!

Michael Vance michael at xxx.com
Tue Oct 23 23:20:44 BST 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 08:19:31AM +0000, jarkko frantila wrote:

> GOALIE: Spider-man. Might have been Reed Richards (a.k.a Mr Fantastic out of
> Fantastic Four), but he's getting old.
[ ... ]
> And here's the team:
> http://www.activision.com/games/spiderman/

Fun Sinister fact: I am working on the Gamecube version of the
Spiderman game at this very moment.

Let me know if you can think of any clever cheat codes.

As a somewhat Sinister/B&S/music related note, I saw three bands this
past week. The Breeders played the Troubadour, and it was a great show
with the new East LA line-up, Kelly all appropriately frumpy, and
everyone smoking and drinking beers during the set.

Saturday night was Jon Spencer's Blues Explosion with Unwound and the
Melvins. I doubt the latter two bands are very much up most of the
list's alley, but JSBX should appeal to everyone, absolutely amazing
stuff. Great show, even had the theremin up on stage, played a ton of
new material, too.

As the .sig indicates, today's listening selection is Sleater-Kinney,
Dig Me Out. Carrie Brownstein is my new crush (yes, I know there's no
hope), and I love her sound so much I want to buy a Rickenbacker 360.

m.

--
"We are not here to fuck the band, we are the band."
	-- Corin Tucker, Sleater-Kinney