Sinister: band names? chocolate makes the world go round(er)

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Wed Oct 24 12:17:43 BST 2001

It dawned on me last night when I got home from work
that I haven’t written an awful lot for you in recent
months.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a package, with
“Fragile ”written all over it. Wondering what it could
be, that might be sensitive to heat and dropping and
things, I opened it with curiosity. The package was
from Nik O, who had sent me more than enough troika
chocolate bars to satisfy a girl for a year and CDs of
belle and Sebastian. Sadly, I’m trying to cut down on
chocolate and loose some of my podge that has
accumulated around my middle ever since I moved home
again and my mum started feeding me properly. The
troika’s were all too much to resist. I’ll just have
to give up savoury food instead. Thank you Nik O.

Life in Berryland has been a mixture of late. I went
to Norwich to visit some uni pals for my 23rd
birthday, and realised I really do miss Norwich and
the lazy life of a student (mine was lazy at least).
I’ve been working for the past ooooh, four or five
weeks for a financial company out in the Gyle at
Edinburgh on all sorts of bits and pieces. It’s a
temping job at the moment, until I decide what I want
to do.

I’ve been getting loads of packages recently with
demos and stuff inside from bands wanting me to review
them for my fanzine. Already into the third issue, and
got some interviews with John Upchurch, The Clean,
Aether Flux and Mark Jones from Jeepster Records.
We’ve decided to make the cover a different colour for
every issue. Its very simple. There’s no pictures on
the front, or contents lists or anything. Just the
name of the fanzine written across it diagonally. The
first issue was yellow, the second was red, and I
think the third is going to be green. I liked the red
one best so far.

I’ve been feeling fairly tired recently and stressed
out a bit. Lots of reasons, and none of them due to
the demon drink, Honest Mummy.

I got a cool tremelo pedal for my guitar for my
birthday. I’m still carrying on with it, and making up
little tunes. Until I realised recently that Kings Of
Convience already have them. And June of 44. Oh well.
So much for being original.

Boyfiend and I have been chatting late into the night
about the idea of forming a band together. Sitting on
the phone, we decided to think up names. He wanted
Indian War Whip which is from some song by someone.
But I keep forgetting it and calling it Wicked Indian
Whatever instead. And if I can’t remember it, what
chance has anyone else got? And if people ask if I was
in a band, then how could I say “I am, but I can’t
remember what we are called”???
So we went through song names. My favourite was
Velouria by the Pixies. Then we went onto making up
names using magnetic poetry. I’d wiggle my finger in
the air and when boyfiend said “Stop”, I’d hit the
board and see what word I picked. We had some amusing
ones. “Death Man” “Repulsive Smell” “Puppy Juice” and
“Pant Lust” which we thought we all highly amusing.
But boyfiend got bored of that game long before I did
and wouldn’t play anymore. Spoil sport.

I've not had much access to my e mail recently, but
all that changed last night. My dad gave me a £2000
laptop cos he bought a new one. Its only a year old,
but very cool. I had been trying to save up for one,
but hey, a freebie works for me. On the condition that
I don't delete any of his files, I keep my files
seperate from his, and if his new one breaks down,
then he can use this one as a back up.

Anyway, better get back to work. Ooh, lunch time!

:)

Love
Idleberry

xxxxxxxx