Sinister: we greedy, plus we try'n feed the needy dawg wit all the cabbage

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Thu Oct 25 06:18:10 BST 2001

  my car has died.  poor thing...sitting all alone in the parking lot
of a twenty-four hour diner.  i'm not sure how i'll get to work
tomorrow....
  i realized today how much i will miss my job.  a sweet elderly man
came into the shop, walked straight up to the counter and asked if we
would "cater to transvestites."  gina said yeah and asked what he
needed...a shiny black corset and a cheap wig.  we don't have them.
he said his wife thinks it's a horrible idea anyway.  heh.
  yesterday, a young couple engaged in various sexual acts just
outside the front window of the shop. looking into the shop and
laughing and probably feeling brave and fabulous. no one was really
impressed...someone stood and gave them the finger for quite some
time, and someone else called security but they never showed up. one
guard stopped in today with a memo, and gina said "people had sex up
against the window.  we called security and nobody ever came by."
the guard just stared blankly and said "well, you could've called
again."
   there is one female security guard...for many months she reminded
me of someone and i could never think...then i realized.  and she
gained a nickname.  'the trunchbull,' as far as i can see, is given
ample pay and benefits for stomping around all day, eating roasted
almonds and scaring kittens.  and scaring me.  there's this awful
elevator to the basement.  it has a massive horizontal sliding
door...you have to push down the bottom part and pull up the top part
with a grimy strap....it's so horribly heavy that i have to get under
the strap with my shoulder and push and pull until i have opened it
enough to get my leg and half of my bum into the space, at which
point i sort of wedge myself into the crack and push the top part of
the door up over my head.  gosh.  sort of hard to picture, i'd
imagine...sorry.  well.  a few days ago i was bored and stalling a
bit on my way up from taking the garbage to the basement, and i
suddenly thought that it might be fun if i were to stand on the
bottom part of the door and pull on the strap overhead, thus raising
myself with the door.  it looked like fun and i had nothing better to
do...so i was just killing some time, going up and down with the door
and wondering why i'd never thought of it before.  and then...a dark,
bulky figure appeared. a neat brown bun on top of a skull the size of
a basketball. the trunchbull.  she saw me there, balancing several
feet off the floor, a cigarette hanging out of my mouth, and wearing
a dumb t-shirt and a funny cap with cat ears.  she...boomed at me.  i
don't know how else to put it.  i don't know what she said.  it just
sounded like booming.  bits of roasted almonds flying out of her
mouth, her great round eyes looking as though they might pop right
out of her head.  i rather expected her to grab me by my hair and
swing me around and around, for she simply must be a former shot-put
champion.  of course she is.  she's the trunchbull.
    i'm sort of worried about my car.  i hope nobody does anything to
it.
    i'm also worried that years from now, a child will find out that
he was conceived against the window at viktor-viktoria.  blech.
    sorry.  this is so lame.  i can't help it...
LOVE
   kirsten
  by the way, mandee wright is completely rad because she can link
oatmeal to the flight of the navigator and also because she just
named my car "spacepet."

Care2 make the world greener!