Sinister: Be somewhere pretty while you can

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 25 14:25:16 BST 2001

The city seems to go several hues greyer at his time
of the year.  Being a seaside town it's all about the
summer.  Autumn seems to hit the place like an
district-wide case of SAD as though the whole place
suddenly can't find anything to live for.  We also
tend to get floods too.  That's why I live on the 3rd
floor.

There's nothing better for breaking out of a wintery
funk than THREE.  HUGE.  POSTS.  from the luvverly
Stacey Dahling which made my morning at work disappear
very quickly indeed.  Unfortunately our paths never
crossed on her travels which is good thing 'cos it
meant she had a GRATE time.  She's also a lot braver
than me in her determination to try a deep-fried Mars
Bar (those things are pocket-sized heart attacks).
Nice photos too.  Where did you get those trousers,
Will?

I was gonna mention pinefox but thought better of it.

I'm also saddened by the demise of the Divine Comedy.
But... weren't they just Neil Hannon and a load of
session musicians in the first place?  Someone please
clarify or I'm gonna have to buy a copy of the NME!

So have has R1 played the new single yet?  I'm going
white knuckled in anticipation waiting for my inbox to
split asunder with cries "their best song EVER!" and
"I told you they're crap now".  It better happen soon
or I'm unsubscribing and joining the Andrew WK list.

Quick note to anyone in London:  I'll be in town
Saturday to spend money and absorb culture (probably
at the National Portrait Gallery) if anyone wants to
look at pretty pictures, dodge rain and drink bouze on
the 27th, drop me an off-list mail.

Love

Robster