Sinister: beyond our ken

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Fri Oct 26 00:53:27 BST 2001

reading about stacey's marathon meet n greet i feel positively insular.  oh
well, that's what online communites are for i suppose - people who can't
always be arsed to create a 3D social life.  though visitors to my lonely
corner of southern england would always be appreciated, you know <archel
sniffles appealingly>.

oh, and stacey, i suggest that when you tackle that pile of books, you pull
out 'the golden bowl' and use it as a doorstop.  i have never seen the point
of henry james.  an english degree didn't enlighten me as to his merits, but
if anyone wants to try they're welcome.

heard 'waking up to us' on radio 1 at lunchtime today, which was faintly
surprising.  also surprising was jo whiley announcing that b&s had live
dates coming up.  is this true???  surely they've earned themselves another
3 year break...?

glad to see robin 'inaccurately named' stout back with us.  maybe you can
give me some hints about acquiring a proper job?  i had two interviews
today, and i hate them SOOO much.  if it really is all about selling
yourself, why can't you just send someone in your place to do it for you?  i
need an agent, dammit.

matt gave me IYFS, TIJAMRS and that gentle waves album that i secretly hate
on vinyl yesterday.  i am happy :)  (but why? why do i care?  i never buy
vinyl, and i'm so not a completist.  i don't get it.  but when it comes to
b&s i have no power to resist.  bloody band, they've still got me under the
thumb after all these years.)

so, the mix tape battle commences!  the rachels have far too much style and
charm not to win.  (plus we're all sleeping with the judge, obviously.  see
you later, ken.)

and on that note, it's good night, sweet sinisterines, and may belle &
sebastian sing you to your rest.

luv archel xxx

archel at iname.com

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk