Sinister: b&s concert

snoozer/ Maíra mairaefabio at xxx.br
Wed Oct 24 05:05:55 BST 2001

Hello, all you sinisterians(!) out there.
This is my first post, and hope it's not the last.
I've just been let out of the nursery and now i've got voice. It's really
something when you got a voice! ;.}

Unfortunately, I couldn't read all of your posts since i joined the list;
time's just a crap these days.
I've read some, until the 15th, then I'm just keeping'em in a file. I don't
like the idea of missing posts, altough you folks write soooo much...
Anyway, i've read some really cool stuff, I'm glad I'm here on sinister
world.

Introducing myself:
my name's Fabio, i'm brazilian, 22 year-old-thin-tall and young rock 'n
roller.
I live with my gilfriend Maíra, she also intends to write her crazy ideas to
the list, and she writes much better than i do. You'll see.
We really kicked asses last year, when we left our parents house to live
together, without getting married, and without any financial support. just
because we love each other. This may sound regular for other cultures/
countries, but that's not what brazilian youngsters are used to do. They'd
rather live with their parents for very long time, not caring about getting
a job or anything. Only after graduation.
Why am I telling all this? Oh yeah, we could say we're different. We feel
alone very often in this hot country. And to make it worse, we live in the
smallest state in Brazil: it's called Sergipe. If you've got a world map
somewhere, check it out: it's pretty small. The city, Aracaju, doesn't have
ANYTHING that could be interesting to do. No cool places. No cultural
aspects that could be worthwhile living here. Some good friends, tough. A
rock 'n roll band (that's mine!), and this is it.

But the actual reason for posting this is:
Tomorrow is going to be the first days of the rest of our lives.
We ARE going to a Belle & Sebastian concert. Not here, sure. São Paulo, here
we go. Pretty far away, but we've got the plane tickets, and the most
important thing: we've got the concert tickets!!!!!!!!!!
We feel so happy about it that i had to write this to anyone in the world.
If you're still here, thanks for reading.

There's more to tell: it's a festival there, so I'll also have the pleasure
to hear Grandaddy from the US, which really impressed me, and Sigur Rós,
which I'm very curious about, and since we're big fans of Bjork, I don't
think there will be a poblem in "getting" their sound.

More! More!
Today, B&S is playing in Rio, and there's a big tv network that does a very
good job on broadcasting LIVE. Last year, i watched Sonic youth's concert on
tv and everything was perfect, the sound, the cameras, and no commercials.
And guess what? I'm going to record this concert today, before traveling
tomorrow morning.
If any of you B&S nerds are interested on getting this recording, I'd be
very happy to send it.

I'm going to work now!
I believe I can write about the concert as soon as I get home on Monday.

see you all,
[]'s
Fabio Snoozer